PDA

View Full Version : Troubles importing old Microgaming handhistory

Youri
05-06-2010, 09:34 AM
First my apologies if this is already asked, but I cant seem to find the answer.

I just bought a new laptop and try to import my old HH from 2 different skins on Microgaming. I tried all the tricks mentioned as for example move the historymap to hmarchive folder and import from there etc. Nothing worked. It seem like he cant read the gamehistory.dat map. Everything was working fine on my old pc.

He did grab 3.6 K hands of the previous month though from 1 skin but thats it. That, I find weird.

Second thing that counts for the other skin: The first time I tried importing the hands en looked for my playername. He did found it and behind it, it said 140K hands as it should, so I clicked the name to run through my sessions to see if he got it all but there were only a few. Then I searched again, same name and only said 129 hands. looking at my sessions, he only has 15 hands also played on old pc.

while writing this I realise he did found all the hands played for the last 30 days cause I only played 15 on 1 account and about 3.6 K on the other. in the pokerlobby the handhistory settings say: save hands for last 30 days. Do I still have all my Handhistory?? must be right?

the 2 files are 120 and 320 MB big.

I am a total noob concerning PC's, so if someone can help me, a detailed explanation would be appreciated.

Thank you very very much !!!!!

fozzy71
05-06-2010, 01:21 PM
HM is unable to automatically archive those gamehistory.dat files. You need to manually archive them and back them up.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

Youri
05-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Thnx, but this doesnt work. Let me show you my situation.

My old laptop has crashed but managed to save the harddrive though. The handhistorymap I created that time contains mostly hands from full tilt and indeed as you mentioned are ranged in years / months / days etc.

There are also a lot of files like: 0331090152LHSC013.tmp. I assume this might be the microgaming hands. looking at the date, they only run from feb 09 (the moment I started using HM) till july 09. While i kept playing at micro every month till now. These temporay files are together with a lot of full tilt hands seperatly placed besides the 2009 and 2010 maps within the hand history map.

The gamhistory.dat maps I can find within the microgamingmaps

Holdem manager cant read those files.

Then I would like to mention the following:

I started running my holdem manager on new laptop the last week and wanted to avoid this problem in the future. So began to look into my new HMarchivemap and see my Full tilt and stars hands but missing my microhands ?? I tried the "import from subfolder" both ticked and unticked but nothing shows up? It is not possible to look into the pokerlobby to see where handhistories are being saved. They just dont have the option. You can only say if you want it to be saved and for how many days with a 99 days max.

so i assume its all within the gamehostory.dat maps of the microgamingmap.

What to do now??? im carddead

fozzy71
05-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Thnx, but this doesnt work. Let me show you my situation.

You tried to copy the gamehistory.dat files to the desktop and import them?

My old laptop has crashed but managed to save the harddrive though. The handhistorymap I created that time contains mostly hands from full tilt and indeed as you mentioned are ranged in years / months / days etc.

There are also a lot of files like: 0331090152LHSC013.tmp. I assume this might be the microgaming hands. looking at the date, they only run from feb 09 (the moment I started using HM) till july 09. While i kept playing at micro every month till now. These temporay files are together with a lot of full tilt hands seperatly placed besides the 2009 and 2010 maps within the hand history map.

Those may be observed hands from microgaming or full tilt, from before we began organizing the archive in sub-folders.

The gamhistory.dat maps I can find within the microgamingmaps

Holdem manager cant read those files.

Make sure you tried to copy those .dat files to the desktop to import. If it still doesn't work, try importing them to a brand new DB.

I started running my holdem manager on new laptop the last week and wanted to avoid this problem in the future. So began to look into my new HMarchivemap and see my Full tilt and stars hands but missing my microhands ?? I tried the "import from subfolder" both ticked and unticked but nothing shows up? It is not possible to look into the pokerlobby to see where handhistories are being saved. They just dont have the option. You can only say if you want it to be saved and for how many days with a 99 days max.

Uncheck "Import from Subfolders" in the auto-import settings.

Move the gamehistory.dat file your \hmarchive folder and import it via Import From File(s).

Try a new session with auto-import. A new handhistory file should be generated.

Youri
05-06-2010, 07:43 PM
ok

You tried to copy the gamehistory.dat files to the desktop and import them?

Yes I tried and it diddnt worked.

Those may be observed hands from microgaming or full tilt, from before we began organizing the archive in sub-folders.

Make sure you tried to copy those .dat files to the desktop to import. If it still doesn't work, try importing them to a brand new DB.

New Database? how do I do that?

Move the gamehistory.dat file your \hmarchive folder and import it via Import From File(s).

Youri
05-06-2010, 08:20 PM

I tried this, and he did imported hands, but what changed?
Now i have the gamehistory.dat map in my hmarchivemap only cause i placed it there. I waited like 5 minutes, but nothing happend. Then micro generated a new gamehistory.dat map but stopped updating the hands. As soon as i placed the map back my hud started working again.

fozzy71
05-06-2010, 08:32 PM
The files have to be moved, copied, renamed, or else HM will not import a file it has imported before.

You want to keep the large file in your archive and let your poker client use the new, smaller sized gamehistory.dat file. It should work the same as the old, larger file.