PDA

View Full Version : Big Problem with fixed ranges within SNG wizard

weatherwax
05-06-2010, 09:15 AM
I have a big problem with the range tool within sng wizard. In fact sng wizard is a fantastic tool but in this
point I think you made your only but huge mistake:

You canīt choose the range by yourself. Not only that every equilating tool e.g. equilab gives you the possibility to choose the villains, or your own range manually itīs makes a lot of sense to implant this feature.
For example (and itīs a realistic example) you have a villain who is not willing to play A3o or K5o but T9s. Because there are fixed ranges in SNG wizard u canīt give your opponent that range and so you will always have a hand range which (in extreme cases) disregards my collected reads (e.g. he will never call with A8 A9 but without hesitation KJo, KQo).
The most extreme example of the obscure weighting of sng wizard is the top range within the range tool. Here you will find that a range of 1.5% includes AA, KK, AND AKs which means that AKs is weighted more than QQ. Thatīs not realistic since most player will say QQ is better than AKs. So why is the range static? Do you have plans to "fix" the static ranges or will that be something which user have to accept?
Hopefully you understand what I mean because I am no native english speaker.

Kind regards

SitNGo Wizard
05-06-2010, 10:01 AM
This FAQ (http://www.sngwiz.com/tiki/tiki-view_faq.php?faqId=3#q19) explains why the Wizard uses a fixed hand ranking for opponent hand ranges.

I question whether you really need to input a custom hand range for each opponent. How do you know a certain villain "is not willing to play A3o or K5o but T9s"? Did you ask him?

What if the situation is different? In a different situation he may play A3o, but fold T9s. It seems to me that you would have to know the villain as well as he know himself to be that confident about exactly which hands he plays in every situation.

Consider also that entering custom hand ranges takes much longer than dragging a slider. Is it really worth the effort?

I agree the current hand ranking could be improved. I am looking into adding a better hand ranking or maybe a few different hand rankings for different situations.