PDA

View Full Version : Slow importing

mikechr23
05-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I was trying to import many hands to HEM (about 300k i think), and it was going mind-numbingly slow. I expected it to take about 5-6 hours, so when I was going to bed I started it and it was going at about 13 hands/sec. I woke up and it was going 4 hands/sec. So i let it go and it imported for about 16 hours and only got through 200k hands, I finally was sick of using my other computer so I stopped it.
I then read the FAQs and tried the vacuum database option (although Im new to HEM so my database was super small in comparison to others) I then defragged my comp, and now have started the import proces again and it is still going at 3.5 hands/sec. I dont have an elite laptop but I dont think its too bad. Is there anything else that I can do to speed this process up?

fozzy71
05-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Laptops are notoriously slow because most of them use 5,400rpm drives to help extend battery life.

You can try searching the forum for 'import speed' threads, but I would be surprised if anything you do will get it much above 20 h/s.

My 3 year old desktop by comparison, imports at 60 - 80 h/s when doing large imports. My newest PC does better, often at 80 - 100 h/s.