PDA

View Full Version : Which table is used in HM Queries?

ProsperousOne
05-04-2010, 07:54 AM
When HM does a query, is it quering the xxxx or the xxxx_hero tables?

For example if you query ph.NetAmountWon, is it querying the ph.NetAmountWon or the ph.NetAmountWon_hero table?

If it's querying only the _hero table, is there anyway to generate a report on the ph.NetAmountWon table from within HM Custom Reports?

Edit: I assumed that the xxxx_hero table is created/updated every time you change the active player in HM, but the tables didn't seem to update when I was viewing them in PGAdmin. What's the Hero tables used for? Only optimized performized? Just curious :confused:

thx!.

fozzy71
05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I have forwarded this thread to Roy for a reply.

Rvg72
05-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi, players get added to the _hero sets of tables if you import a hands where they were the hero. So, if you import a few of your friends original hand histories then next time you launch HM you will notice it is optimizing his player name which essentially means it is making copies of relevant info from the main tables into the faster _hero tables.

When any report / graph / etc is run HM determines if they player being reported on is optimized and if so it dynamically changes the query to use the optimized tables. So basically you never need to worry about it, if you run a query on your player name the #'s should be exactly the same on both tables but it should return much faster on the _hero sets of tables

Roy