PDA

View Full Version : Playing on Laptop and Desktop....gggrrrrr

mrhobbeys
05-04-2010, 01:48 AM
I am playing on a laptop and a desk top and it is the most annoying thing in the world to keep the hands consistent between these two computers. I also use different databases on each computer. Please make an easier export option then what is current. I didn't even realize it until today but I am playing over 2k tourney hands on a typical day 1.5K on my main computer and the other 500 or so on my laptop. And I have to match them up otherwise that would be 8 to 10 STTs I am missing in my data and results!!

netsrak
05-04-2010, 06:17 AM
We will release a solution not to far in the future

Arizona Willie
05-04-2010, 10:23 AM
There are instructions posted on how to run postres over a network so your laptop can use the same database as the desktop.

That way your HM is synchronized between both machines. You can use either one and it makes no difference because they are both using the same database.

Works just fine.

mrhobbeys
05-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Have you used this?

What kind of connection do I need for this to be effective?
ie will dial up work if I am on the road, etc

morny
05-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I havent tried it on dialup but i would imagine it would be painfully slow. Works quite well for me on the broadband though

mrhobbeys
05-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Is it possible to run the Database from a Ubuntu computer?

netsrak
05-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Yes, install the Ubuntu postgresql and connect from the HM machine via network. The host is the IP adress of your Ubuntu server.