PDA

View Full Version : After Computer Restart Error message. Can't start HEM

speedyworm
05-02-2010, 03:52 PM
I haven't restarted my computer in about a week now. I just restarted today WHILE HEM was running. It asked if I wanted to stop auto import. I said Yes.

After it restarted I tried to start HEM and this is the error that I got.

"The following error occured when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Asks me to press "OK"

Then will come the. Database Control Panel Blue background asking for Log in name and password. I hit connect and a long long error comes up says...

"Connection Error: Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

"System.IO.IOException: Unable to read the data from transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. --> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at System.NetSockets.Socket.Receive [Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags]
At system.Net................ " It goes on and on and on. If you need the whole error message I can screenshot it.

I've looked this problem up. See several solutions. I tried the Stopping service, then starting again. Didn't work. Deleted the .pif file or something. Did not work.

I added exception to my windows firewall and windows defender and uninstalled my AVG anti virus. Did not work.

Restarted 4-5 times. I'm really worried now about what I can do.

When I open the PGA admin it shows I'm not connected to the server. I click Connect it'l ask for a password. I don't think I know what my password was.

Also the service doesn't seem to be starting. I opened PGA admin and click 'Start Service' It will pause for a bit, then resume. I will click the menu again there isn't an option to 'Stop service' It's ghosted out. Maybe my service is not starting?

Can anyone please help me out thanks!

speedyworm
05-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Update: I went to Control Panel, Administrator Tools.

Tried to start service for Postgre 8.3 this is What I get after i click it: "The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

Does this help with anything?

speedyworm
05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Not sure what I did. But it works now.

After I tried starting the service it did not work. So I right clicked. Went down to 'Properties' clicked 'Log on' tab.

Saved the Log in and password as you guys recommended. And Selected the "Local System Account" instead of "This Account"

What was my problem can anyone tell me still? Btw I also uninstalled AVG and didn't restart... maybe it was uninstalling AVG that fixed it?

I still want to know what the problem was so I dont run into it again.

netsrak
05-03-2010, 05:18 AM
This problem is usually caused by windows updates (fixed after an reboot) or by firewall / virusscanner updates (fixed by your uninstallation i guess)