PDA

View Full Version : help for a noob wishing to buy

razor25
10-09-2008, 05:13 AM
Hi. Couple of queries if i may.

1) had a bad experience with poker office, so my main priority is that HEM works with Vista. Can anyone confirm and elaborate please? I cannot find any threads about it.

2) how useful is HEM exclusively for SNGs

3) how come there are no contact details for anyone working for/at HEM

Thanks

Friendly
10-09-2008, 06:46 AM
I am running HEM under Vista (Home Premium) with no issues whatsoever.

There is a tad more configuration (some programs need to be configured to run as Admin) and it also asks you to disable UAC (which is not ideal - you shouldn't have to make system wide changes for one application but if you don't wish to disable UAC you can do like I do and just click 'allow' each time) but apart from that - no problems!

Hope that helps!

razor25
10-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Thanks! That sounds a bit like Office in that I had to click 'allow' there too. My main problem with Office was that it kept periodically crashing my internet. The internet would immediately start back up again, so there were no real issues, but obviously this is not ideal when trying to calculate ICM in a SNG!!

Is the configuration difficult, considering I am not that great with computers? And sorry, but what is UAC? And what are the implications of disabling it? Basically just wondering whether there is plenty of info out there for us Vista users.

And is HEM any good for SNGs?

morny
10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Were here daily on the forums to help you with any problems, unfortunately UAC isnt so user friendly yet so you need to disable it otherwise it can cause problems but im sure theyll update that in future so it can be used in conjunction, HM is one of alot of programs that cant work with UAC an although UAC is obviously helpful in protecting our computers Windows 2000 and Win XP users have got by for years without it.

If your having alot of proplems we can also remote access your PC and help you fix it but we have some good tutorials in the FAQ to get you started with setting up and features:

1) http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=1&faqid=2

2) http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=1&faqid=3

And also we have a 15 day trial so you can test drive and decided wheter its for you or not and the trial is unlimited

For tournaments were actually working on bringing it up to the same standard as cash at this very moment so you should see alot of improvements in the next few weeks in that area, this is mostly for reviewing where it needs to be brought up to the same standard, the HUD itself works great for tourneys