PDA

View Full Version : Postgres password

Burger_C
05-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi

I'm trialling the software and like it so far. I'm running it on a work laptop and the periodic security tests picked up that postgress isnt password protected.

I have set a password in HEM for postgres but note the postgres file was changed to "trust". I suspect this is driving the "not password protected" result. I tried changing "trust" back to mp5 (or whatever is it) but this didn't seem to fix it.

I've tried searching on Postgres help to see how to set passwords but can't figure it out.

In the meantime I ended up deleting HEM and postgres to avoid the security flag but that won't really be workable long term to have to redownload the product and import hand histories each time i want to use it. I could just put it on another machine I know but assuming I don't want to do that, is there guidance on how to force a real password into postgres?

vlsup
05-01-2010, 01:40 PM
you can change password via PGadmin:
dbl-click on server to connect, then put cursor on it and do: menu File - Change pass

Burger_C
05-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks

In case anyone else runs across a similar problem, changing the password didn't seem to fix it but trying :

Start\Postgres\Stop Server

then rerunning the security scan does work.

(out of interest Start\Postgres\Start Server then rerunning the scan subsequently shows as a security fail - no password)