PDA

View Full Version : account name and password

KANTI
07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi!!

I need some help please! I begin to install HM and a frame comes "Database control panel", they ask to put a login and a password or to keep the login "postgres" and they will create a password.
What is that mean, "Login Name" from my computer? from where?
I am in administration account, i run with Vista family
They said:
"the username and/or password was incorrect.Would you like to have Holdem Manager configure the database to accrpt this login and password?"
i say yes:

"Holdem Manager updated PostgreSQL. Please try connecting again."

thanks you

morny
07-18-2008, 05:56 PM
When you installed PostgreSQL prior to installing Holdem Manager you would have been asked to enter a username and password. This is what is being requested now so Holdem Manager can make contact with SQL to setup the database.

If you cant remember it the quickest way around it would be to uninstall PostgreSQL via Control Panel > Add Remove programs and then go to Program Files > PostgreSQL 8.2/3 And delete that whole folder then reinstall again and this time during the postgreSQL install write down the username and password. please note that it will ask you to choose 2 usernames and passwords so its easiest to just keep them both the same and also when it prompts you after entering the password and asks should it generate a better password make sure you say NO NO NO

pazupaz
07-22-2008, 04:27 AM
When you installed PostgreSQL prior to installing Holdem Manager you would have been asked to enter a username and password. This is what is being requested now so Holdem Manager can make contact with SQL to setup the database.

If you cant remember it the quickest way around it would be to uninstall PostgreSQL via Control Panel > Add Remove programs and then go to Program Files > PostgreSQL 8.2/3 And delete that whole folder then reinstall again and this time during the postgreSQL install write down the username and password. please note that it will ask you to choose 2 usernames and passwords so its easiest to just keep them both the same and also when it prompts you after entering the password and asks should it generate a better password make sure you say NO NO NO

I have the same problem.Had PostgreSQL installed with PT3.And since I would
like to have both HM and PT3,I wonder if I do the above mentioned steps,how
this is going to affect PT3 and its existing datebase of hands....?
Thanks

Rvg72
07-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Hi, it will not affect anything. What you can do is try "dbpass" as the password since that is the default that PT3 uses.

but, setting this option simply tells HM to change a setting in postgresql to allow any login or password to work as long as the connection is coming from your computer.

Roy

pazupaz
07-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi, it will not affect anything. What you can do is try "dbpass" as the password since that is the default that PT3 uses.

but, setting this option simply tells HM to change a setting in postgresql to allow any login or password to work as long as the connection is coming from your computer.

Roy

Thank you.