PDA

View Full Version : Donk bet-3Bet vs raise flop

BennyMiles
05-01-2010, 04:25 AM
I've got two questions regarding the stat:

Donk bet-3Bet vs raise flop

The explanation says:

How often they raise when their donk bet is raised on the flop.

Say we have two players on the flop, CO and BB. The CO tried to steal the blinds and the BB calls. Now the flop comes and BB donks into CO - CO raises and BB shoves. Is this the kind of BB's action, the stat expresses?

Does this include action in both raised and 3bet pots?

BennyMiles
05-01-2010, 04:31 AM
And one question regarding the stat:

Fold to donk bet flop 3Bet Pot

The explanation says:

How often they fold to donk bets on the flop when there was a 3bet preflop.

The one who folds is the one who was 3betting preflop?

BennyMiles
05-01-2010, 05:08 AM
And one question regarding the following stat:

Flop Check raise 3Bet Pot

The explanation says:

Check Raise when there was a 3bet preflop

Does this mean the check raising person is the original raiser and not the 3-bettor? I think the answer is yes, but the explanation is not as clear as for the "Flop Check raise as PFR 3Bet Pot" stat, where it says "Flop raise % after checking as the preflop 3-bettor".

a.k.a.Also
05-01-2010, 06:58 AM
One way of checking this would be to run filters on hands that fit what you think, and then export just these hands to a folder, create a new test db and import the hand(s).
Then create a hud with the stat(s) you are investigating and see how they show the action.

So I did a filter on
(1)
CR flop (Filter by more actions) and
did 3 bet = true (More filters > ***PREFLOP FILTERS***)
This gives me a hand where I was the preflop 3 bettor and I check raised the flop.

Then I ran the filter
(2)
CR flop (Filter by more actions) and
Called Preflop 3Bet = true (More filters > ***PREFLOP FILTERS***)
This gives me a hand where I called the 3bet and XR the flop.

Now I create a hud with just
(A) Flop Check raise as PFR 3Bet pot
and
(B) Flop Check raise 3Bet pot
and load the two hands into replayer to have a look

Hand (1) Shows (A) 100 (B) 100
Hand (2) Shows (A) - (B) 100

And having done all that I'm now not sure if this actually adds anything useful to your enquiry!

Perhaps it will set you off in the right direction and I'll take another look later on if I have time.

BennyMiles
05-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Thank you for your help. I am trying some filters at the moment. What I can say for sure so far:

Flop Check raise 3Bet Pot

Yes, the check raising person is the original raiser!

BennyMiles
05-06-2010, 02:07 PM
According to my HUD I raised one out of 12 donk bets in 3-bet pots. No matter which filters I use, I can't find the hand!

Can someone please help?! Thanks!

a.k.a.Also
05-06-2010, 02:38 PM
According to my HUD I raised one out of 12 donk bets in 3-bet pots. No matter which filters I use, I can't find the hand!

Can someone please help?! Thanks!

Are we looking at the flop betting , and does it matter who the preflop 3 bettor was?

a.k.a.Also
05-06-2010, 02:55 PM
If we were the pre flop 3 bettor, try

Filter by Actions Tab
[x] Filter by Flop Actions > Raise

More Filters Tab
***PREFLOP FILTERS***
did 3 bet = true

***FLOP FILTERS***
Flop Was Bet Into = True

And if villain was the 3 bettor
change did 3 bet = true to
Faced preflop 3 Bet = true

BennyMiles
05-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Tried both combinations: no result! :(

a.k.a.Also
05-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Tried both combinations: no result! :(

It was obviously such a tricky play that the hand history self destructed Mission Impossible style lest it be unleashed a second time on an unsuspecting poker world ;)

Seriously though, if you can describe how you recall the hand went down I will have another stab at retrieving it, while all the far more clever people snigger at my ineptitude, before stepping in with the probably very simple solution!

Edit
Still working on this, just to confirm, you are using the HUD stat
Raise donk Bet Flop 3-Bet Pot
Which is defined as :-
How often they raise a donk bet when there was a 3bet preflop

If this is the case I can't see why the filters don't work - I get results when I run them on my DB.

Perhaps you should try adding all the raise options in the Filter by Actions tab, as my original suggestion won't return a result if you actually raised called in the hand in question.

Lunatic973
12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Say we have two players on the flop, CO and BB. The CO tried to steal the blinds and the BB calls.

That's not a 3Bet pot. That's why it's a mystery on where the software put it. If the CO tried to steal (2nd Bet) then the BB calls, there is no 3rd bet.