PDA

View Full Version : Bug in reports

jjealo
04-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi, don't see the bug reported yet.

I'm using 1.10.06a

Go to Reports, select a report from the report name list, then if I don't click anywhere else, as the focus still on the listbox I move mouse scroll wheel up and down and it kind of hangs, not showing the results of the selected report.

Then if I select other report by clicking on it, it does, but the grid is kind of screwed without scroll bar and malfunction.

_Loki_
05-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi jjealo

Did 'reports' work before or are you a new user ?
Have you tried both cash reports & tourney reports ?
Which one are you talking about ?

If you are a new user - have you selected a hero name using the 'Change' button ?
Do you know that you are supposed to click the 'Refresh' button after you select a report ?

jjealo
05-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi jjealo

Did 'reports' work before or are you a new user ?
Have you tried both cash reports & tourney reports ?
Which one are you talking about ?

If you are a new user - have you selected a hero name using the 'Change' button ?
Do you know that you are supposed to click the 'Refresh' button after you select a report ?

yeah, i know all that, did you try to the steps to reproduce it? it's minor bug but still.

_Loki_
05-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Go to Reports, select a report from the report name list, then if I don't click anywhere else, as the focus still on the listbox I move mouse scroll wheel up and down and it kind of hangs, not showing the results of the selected report.

Then if I select other report by clicking on it, it does, but the grid is kind of screwed without scroll bar and malfunction.

1] you didn't answer my questions about which report section you are referring to.. tourney reports... cash reports.... both ?

2] you are supposed to click 'refresh' after you select a report. no results for the report you selected will display until you do

3] If I select a report (from within cash > reports section) & do not click refresh & use my scroll wheel the effect for me is to change the report name which is displayed in the drop-down box - so 'no' is the answer to your question - I can't reproduce it

jjealo
05-09-2010, 12:38 AM
1] you didn't answer my questions about which report section you are referring to.. tourney reports... cash reports.... both ?

2] you are supposed to click 'refresh' after you select a report. no results for the report you selected will display until you do

3] If I select a report (from within cash > reports section) & do not click refresh & use my scroll wheel the effect for me is to change the report name which is displayed in the drop-down box - so 'no' is the answer to your question - I can't reproduce it

1] tourney or cash both.

2] I know about the refresh button.

3] Just select an item from "select report name from list", once the item is selected, the items list contracts, but the focus still in the control, move up and down the scroll wheel, and thats it. Can't explain it better, happens to me everytime.

_Loki_
05-09-2010, 03:02 AM
I'm able to view reports - full function. Unless it's something to do with your graphics set up. That's all I can suggest. Is it something that would show up in a screenshot. (there is free screenshot s/ware that can capture screen movements/sound now). Perhaps you could post a short sample ??

a.k.a.Also
05-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Hi, don't see the bug reported yet.

I'm using 1.10.06a

QFT

I can duplicate this.

It's always irked me that the focus stays with the report list dropdown until you click elsewhere.

_Loki_
05-09-2010, 05:55 AM
But you have to click refresh so what's the problem ? Does it matter about the focus ? I'm thinking I am misunderstanding something here...

a.k.a.Also
05-09-2010, 06:54 AM
The report runs as soon as you select it, without the need to hit refresh. Obv if it didn't work like this, the problem wouldn't exist.

_Loki_
05-09-2010, 08:11 AM
We've arrived !! I don't have a problem with it because I do have to hit 'refresh' - I wonder why the dif ? because I'm on xp ?

jjealo
05-09-2010, 11:51 AM
no idea, I'm on XP too.

morny
05-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Ok just to be sure, are you saying the problem is the focus stays with the reports or that it hangs, i couldnt reproduce any hang on mine.

Loki, Options > Misc Options > Refresh on any change is probably why yours dosent refresh automatically

_Loki_
05-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Loki, Options > Misc Options > Refresh on any change is probably why yours dosent refresh automatically

Thank you morny - that fixed me up :) Also can't reproduce OP problem

jjealo
05-09-2010, 09:44 PM
If you want me to show you on my computer, PM you msn and you can see it with teamviewer for example.

a.k.a.Also
05-10-2010, 03:33 AM
Ok just to be sure, are you saying the problem is the focus stays with the reports or that it hangs, i couldnt reproduce any hang on mine.

Hang is rare, depends what report I "accidentally" scroll onto, but there have been occasions I have restarted to get rid of the timer. Most times I just scroll back to the report I want and click somewhere on screen to redirect the focus away from the dropdown.