PDA

View Full Version : Error messages

mk105
10-08-2008, 07:56 PM
This is my 1st post. I just installed Holdem manager 2 days ago and it took quite a while (5+ hours) to get it working but it now does and the HUD works.
My problem is when I am trying to review any stats, graphs, etc. I get several error messages, just not every time. I really dont know this program at all and am trying to learn how it all works. Seems like sometimes I get all the stats I am looking for and other times I cannot make any of them show up.

1st error: Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.
Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed be the remote host.
Please help. I really like this program and will complete the purchase as soon as I can get the bugs worked out.

I am running Vista and have read the links to setting up Holdem Manager for hours. I have given up trying to fix this myself.
Thanks
Martin

mk105
10-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Now the program wont open at all. I used it for several hours, shut it down and now it will not load.
Here is that error message.

The following error occured while trying to open the database. Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
Someone please help :eek:
This is tilting me bad.:(

morny
10-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Please follow the FAQ http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=164

mk105
10-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Thank you Morny.
I will try and tackle this problem tonight and will let you know.
Martin

mk105
10-09-2008, 08:09 PM
OK still cannot get this program working.
I have done the following.
Disabled the windows firewall
Disabled Norton
Disabled Defender
Followed FAQ #159 the best I can.
I do have administrator greyed out.
I uninstalled postgreSQL and reinstalled it.
I followed FAQ #164 the best I can. This is what the FAQ says

And if it still dosent work then its to do with either the firewall or possibly your antivirus/windows defender or similar program thats blocking the connection to postgreSQL and often its an intermitting problem and usually disabling the softwares isnt enough to fix the problem

Then it wants me to remove firewalls and antivirus software from my computer.
Exactly what do I need to do. Windows firewall and defender is part of the Vista program and does not come with any restore discs.
I can remove Norton if I have to but that also came with my computer so I will lose that program also.

This is straight from the FAQ: The quickest solution is to uninstall firewalls and antiviruses, then your PC and uninstall PostgreSQL, reboot and then reinstall postgreSQL

What do they mean where it says "then your PC"

I really need some help with this one. I have built computers and loaded many different types of software over the years and have never in my life had this many problem's. I probably have 8 hours of time invested in trying to get this program working properly and all I have accompolished is have it sometimes work the 1st day to now not working at all.
Am I the only one out there having this many problems?

morny
10-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Completely uninstall norton and for anyone like defender built in add the files i mentioned in the FAQ to the exceptions list. There was a type in the FAQ which ive fixed, thanks for spotting

mk105
10-10-2008, 04:51 PM
So I need to remove Norton, remove postgresql and then reinstall postgre?
Anything else I might need to do. Should I just go to, remove programs in control panel and remove norton this way.
Will there be any hidden files or other files I also need to remove.
When I remove postgresql same thing?

My windows built in firewall listed Holdem manager and I set it to always allow this program but HM Hud and DB control panel are not listed there. Could this be a problem even though I turned off the firewall?
Anything else I might be missing.
The crazy part is the program worked sometimes the 1st day (actually played for a few hours) and now has completely stopped working. It just gives error messages.
I really want to get this working for Friday night which is just a few hours from now for me.
Thanks
Martin

morny
10-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Yeah standard uninstall should work, soemtimes when these programs run and update it causes the problem, as long as ive seen this problem popup its always been something to do with a firewall/antivirus etc

Id also still add all those programs to exceptions as they tend to still cause problems when disabled.

mk105
10-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Ok I spent another 2 hours on it today and still have the same error message.

I am going to try and tell you exactly what I have done this evening and what the program did so bear with me as this may be a long post.

I uninstalled Norton completely. I uninstalled postgres completely.
I added the 3 exe files per the FAQ to windows firewall. They did not show up on the exception list so I manually added them and made sure the boxes were checked to let these programs run. I cannot see anywhere on windows defender software to either allow or not allow certain programs so really have not done much with it. It has nothing in the quarantine or allow folder. These are blank and I cannot see how to add to them either.

Now I reinstalled postgre . It found my database and loaded up.
I started Holdem Manager and it gave one error and asked if I wanted it to make the connection. I said yes and postgre came back up and connected.
I clicked on cash games and one page of stats loaded. Then the next time I went and looked for more stats the same #%$# error message started appearing again.

I started a game at Poker Stars, the HUD actually started working and updating. While I played I went back to Holdem Manager and nothing there would work, just the same error message again.

I closed out my game and closed Holdem Manager and now I am back to a program that will not start up at all. Holdem manager gives the error, then postgres comes up, click it to start and a DB control panel error comes up with the same forcibly closed error.

This seems to be what it does everytime I use it. It may work one time after reinstalling postgre and then the whole program just stops and gives the forcibly closed connection error message again.

Now what do I try. I am about to give up but I really want this program working. I have 11 days left on my trial. Get this working for me correctly and I promise I will purchase within the next 24 hours.

morny
10-11-2008, 09:24 AM
I answered in the other thread about doing a teamviewer session but after you install postgreSQL did you reinstall the firewalls/antiviruses?

mk105
10-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Norton is not on my computer any more. The firewall and windows defender are part of the Vista operating system. I dont have any other firewalls or antivirus on my computer. Just what came with Vista.

morny
10-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Ok so email me and well do a temaviewer session sometime tommorrow and ill check all your exceptions are correct morny@holdemmanager.net