PDA

View Full Version : Stats in relation to "preflop 3-bet" article

benthj
04-30-2010, 01:58 AM
I just read the article about facing a 3-bet, and wanted to put the stats in my HUD, so I would have the 3-bet not only based on position, but also on where the original raiser i positioned, like you write in the article.

However, I couldn't find this, so the question is merely if the is possible?

On another note, if the above isnt possible, wouldnt it be easier to use just 3-bet based on position stat in the article instead of the overall 3-bet stat? I assume it would be way more correct, as some players are heavier 3-betters out of the blinds than fron CO/Button.

netsrak
04-30-2010, 04:58 AM
Did you check all the stats in the 3-bet section?
There you should find all the stats you need.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Stat Definitions (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/95/Stat+Definitions)

benthj
05-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Not exactly sure what you mean.

I have looked at the "3+ bet" but cannot fint the positional stats as indicated in the article. If you look in the article you'll see the stats giving a matrix with "position of first raiser" out of one axe, and "position of 3-better" out of the other axe.

I can see you have some fold stats getting close to this, so seem like the data is extractable (btw, seems like you miss the fold stats from the button).

a.k.a.Also
05-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Have a look at the Pre_vs stats at the bottom of the list

benthj
05-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks. I was obviously looking in the wrong place.

That said, shouldnt there be as stat for "3B_vs_open_from.BTN.blind"? Seems to me that it is an error this is not included.

Also, shouldn't here be for each position, i.e. 3-betting an EP opener in position is very different if you are in MP and have 4 persons to act (CO, BTN and blinds) or at the Button (only having the blinds to act)?

If these stats were also available, it would be in line with the matrix you present in the article.

benthj
05-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Seems like I was wrong, as the stats shown are how often are folded to a 3-bet, not how often a specific position is 3-bet dependent on 3-betters own position.

Can you confirm if the stats are available, as I'm pretty sure they are not?

morny
05-08-2010, 10:24 PM
That said, shouldnt there be as stat for "3B_vs_open_from.BTN.blind"? Seems to me that it is an error this is not included.

Because thats the exact same stat as 3B_vs_open_from.BTN.total

This means the % you 3bet when facing an open from the button, the only place you can face an open from the button is if your in the blinds thus blind and total will be the same value

Also, shouldn't here be for each position, i.e. 3-betting an EP opener in position is very different if you are in MP and have 4 persons to act (CO, BTN and blinds) or at the Button (only having the blinds to act)?

Yeah, those would certainly be useful and feel free to suggest them in the stats suggestion forum as we currently dont have them in the hud however there basically a different type of stats as a lot of people will rightly be 3betting a different % depending on whether they are IP or OOP so i wouldnt exactly replace these with positional ones but they could be a good addition.