PDA

View Full Version : Layout Alignment and sudden Change during play

mrhobbeys
04-29-2010, 11:12 AM
I have been trying to get my stats aligned properly to how I used to have them, but I have new problems I have never seen before (currently using Windows7 and 1.10.06a which I just came off 1.10.04b with the same problem).

Now during play my stats will suddenly jump to the 6max layout that I have and I have to open Table Manager and for each tourney go in and select the right layout and tell it that they are 9max. I have never had to do this before and it will do it when there are 5 players left, most of the time, and sometimes when there are 7 players left (only once previously and once today).

Further more it is as if I can not save separate layouts with differing alignments. I know at one point when I was using 1.04xx I was able to have 2 9max alignments that allowed me to switch table types at FTP so I would have an alignment and layout for race track, and another for classic. It now seem that they HEM is taking the latest alignment and applying it to all.

I am having a few other problems but this is the most frustratingly tilting problem I am facing right now. I also have been putting up with this for almost a month thinking that I was doing something wrong so there are many settings changes that I have tried but I am willing to try again.

Again my system has:

Windows 7 64x
HEM 1.10.06a (laptop with same problem has 1.10.04b)

STTs and MTTs
FTP

morny
04-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Can you close HM, go to C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder and make a backup of prefs.xml and also the pospref files, then delete them and restart HM and it should create default ones, can you test with the default and see if the problems persist

mrhobbeys
05-01-2010, 10:20 AM
I have to be honest here I am worried to do this cause I have put a lot of time into making my layouts and getting them positioned right. Will this delete them?

Also Stats for the re-player are not showing up at all, and when they were all the stats were in the positions as if I was at the table but this is not what I want!!

_Loki_
05-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi Mr Hobbeys

Do not worry about that. Here are the steps to use if you are unsure...

1] Close HM
2] Right click on your desktop & make a new folder
(you can make it anywhere really, but desktop is easy to find :) )
3] Open Windows explorer & navigate to this folder:
"C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config"
4] Click on the "Config" folder in your left explorer screen & if your views are set correctly to 'folders view' you will see these two files in your right screen
'prefs.xml' & 'PosPref.txt'
(possibly you will only see 'prefs' & 'PosPref', but make sure the spelling & capitalisation is exactly as I've written it in this post)
5] right-click on 'prefs.xml' & choose 'move to folder...'
A little window pops up
use it to find the new folder you made
press the 'move' button
6] repeat step 5] for 'PosPref.txt'
7] Go to the desktop folder & check both files are in there & double-check their names
8]
restart HM and it should create default ones...
9]
... test with the default and see if the problems persist

mrhobbeys
05-01-2010, 06:35 PM
After removing the files, I have yet to reproduce the problem. I do not think I have been in the exact situations that caused the problem but I can not play for to long with the default layout as it block either chip stacks, names or cards so that I constantly have to move things around.....

Can I customize these defaults, or create new layout/profiles or will I mess up the experiment?

_Loki_
05-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Hi - Carry on Also check replayer & report back about that... I didn't understand what you meant by this bit of your post: ".... re-player... all the stats were in the positions as if I was at the table but this is not what I want... "

mrhobbeys
05-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Yes, I am sorry about that description, I often get a head of myself at times, and at other times I assume people know what I am trying to say; which to say the least is a very bad combination.

What I meant to say, it is as if my custom layouts were actually the default layouts, so that even though I had them setup to only be for FTP, 9max, tourney they were applying themselves to everything including the re-player (this being a similar and seemingly related issue to the layouts changing to 6 max and having no ability to adjust one or the other without in fact changing them both).

With that said I am now brought abruptly to one of the other problems I am having, when I open the re-player it frequently causes HEM not to respond and does so in such a way that I am unable to click my FTP table. This happened when I was checking to see if the re-player stats were still misaligned, and of course I remembered, "that's why I stopped opening this when I'm playing." This is also bad because, I used to think it was due to me playing too many tables, but I now see that this is not the case as I only had 1 table open, expressly for the purpose of checking my HUD.

**I have and do regularly maintenance the database. I have created a new database that only includes the current game I am focusing on, all in an attempt to reduce the demand when I open the replayer or poll the database. I also like to think of my computer as a beast but maybe I am wrong about that.
Win7 64x
6GB DDR2
1 TB HD running programs and storage
500GB HD running OS and a few programs installed before the 2nd HD
Phenom 4x 9850
All on top of an ASUS mobo

netsrak
05-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Do you have the same problems with 1.10.06a?

Please enable logging, reproduce the problem and mail the log file with link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Crashing Problems With The Hud Or Holdem Manager (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/363/Crashing+Problems+With+The+Hud+Or+Holdem+Manager)

mrhobbeys
05-03-2010, 12:44 PM
To: netsrak

This is 1.10.06a.
I will do this during my sets this evening.

To: Morny and _Loki_

I was able to reproduce the first problem today. I am sorry though I am in the middle of 9 games so I will have to post details at the time I post the logs.

mrhobbeys
05-04-2010, 01:28 AM
In the screen shots I took you can see that as a table gets short HEM changes the layout to the 6max layout, which in this case is the default. The other problem is that when I move one of the stats in this layout it moves all of the corresponding stats on all of the tables.

vlsup
05-04-2010, 06:29 AM
If you want to move stats only on single table, uncheck Table prefs - WYSIWYG

mrhobbeys
05-04-2010, 02:33 PM
I want the layout to stop changing mid game.

I will check the option to see if I have it off or not and see if that helps. But what I am complaining about my hud changing from 9max settings to 6max settings and it will move the entire layout around to match as if I was sitting at a six max table.

In the screen shots you can see that new hud layouts come up mid game.

morny
05-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi,

Please email me and we can do a teamviewer session, just download teamviewer from TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet (http://www.teamviewer.com) and let me know a suitable time GMT in advance. Teamviewer allows me to access your computer to fix the problem.

When we agree a suitable time you just need to send me the ID and password that Teamviewer creates to get access to your PC

Thanks
Morny
support@holdemmanager.com