PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars.exe - corrupt file

abear
04-29-2010, 05:15 AM
Hello!

While playing yesterdday my PC froze and I had to shut it down without being able to close the open programs properly. When I logged back in I got the error message: "Pokerstarsupdate.exe - corrupt file. The file or directory \Program files\Pokerstars\user.ini is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility." After this I could not import any files into HEM even the HEM seemed to find new files, as there was reported as many import errors as there were files. Neither did my HUD work.
First I tried to run chkdsk, but that changed nothing. Then I tried to update to the latest edition of HEM, but that didnt change anything either. Then I did windows restore which made my HUD run, but without recognizing any of the hands that already are in my DB (all players were shown with 0 hands). I have also tried to import the HH-files manually without success. I sent a mail for support yesterday morning, but have still not heard anything. Since that now is well over 30 hours ago I hope someone here has a solution for me as I am eager to get back at the tables.
I have Windows XP, run HEM 1.10.06a and the problem is with Pokerstars.

THX!

netsrak
04-29-2010, 06:53 AM
Please check the configuration of your stars client and make sure the files go to the directory where the HM auto-import is configured to read from.
Also make sure that the files are in english language.

If thats fine please create a new database for a test and try with this database.

abear
04-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Hi,and thank you for your quick reply.

"Please check the configuration of your stars client and make sure the files go to the directory where the HM auto-import is configured to read from.
Also make sure that the files are in english language."

My HH is saved in pokerstars\handhistories\subfolders, where autoimport is set to get the files from. They are in English.

"If thats fine please create a new database for a test and try with this database."

When creating a new database I am able to manually import the files in my HM-archive, including the hands that were not imported when I played for a short while after the problem ocurred yesterday. However, autoimport does not find new files being created in pokerstars\handhistories, and these files are neither imported into HEM nor the HMarchive. Also, my HUD is not working again.

netsrak
04-29-2010, 09:01 AM
* Please try updating to the latest version 1.10.06a from the link in my signature.

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

abear
04-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Hello again!

Please try updating to the latest version 1.10.06a from the link in my signature.

As I wrote in my original post I had already run the latest update without it helping. I ran the update one more time from the link you suggested, still doesnt work.

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

In my OP I said I run XP.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

I cant see that there are any steps in this guide I havent tried yet. As I said in my post prior to this I created a new database, but active hands are not imported into this one, nor picked up by HM from the HH directory in Pokerstars.

I have already sent a mail to support as suggested in your link, but its closing in on 48 hours there now without a response.

Should I just remove and reinstall HM? If so, what do I have to do to keep my old HH. Would it be enough to save them externally, and then just copy-paste them into the new HM-archive before manually importing them again?

Hopefully we can solve this problem soon, Im starting to get desperate here.....

netsrak
04-29-2010, 11:57 AM
If you would have posted the answers to the FAQ thread i posted it would be much easier to help you.

Please try a complete reinstallation using revo uninstaller: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

If that doesn't fix it i think we should arrange a teamviewer session. Please forward your original mail to support@holdemmanager.net again, add a link to this thread and ask for a teamviewer session.

I'll forward this thread to the support guy who received your original mail.