PDA

View Full Version : Globalising display date

KanedMan
04-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Quick question; possible to "display date" in a different format for reports and graphs. Down here where the kangaroos live we use dd/mm/yyyy :)

Patvs
04-28-2010, 10:27 PM
No..

I use DD/MM/YY myself too, but all the hands are stored in the MM/DD/YY format in the SQL database. And most pokersites also use this format in their handhistories:

Full Tilt Poker Game #20310162141: Table Ciji - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:59:11 ET - 2010/04/23

If we added the option to convert it to DD/MM/YY, it's a likely disaster since those things never go flawlessly.

KanedMan
04-29-2010, 04:02 AM
Thats cool, thought I'd ask. thx for the answer. However you wouldnt need to make database changes, just a configuration of data format and whenever a date is shown, display in the format requested by user. The data would still be stored internally in the SQL as MM/DD/YYYY tho...

But agreed, there really isn't much need to make these changes just for reports and graphs to look 'nice'.

ashaxi
05-04-2010, 05:00 AM
Hi,

I also am accustomed to DD/MM/YYYY format, and Holdem Manager should have an option to change the date format.

The format the hands are store in the database don't even matter, because a sure thing the date is store in an date column. When Holdem Manager generates a report it gets the date from a date column and applies a date format. The only thing to change is to add the possibility to custom the date format.

Cheers

Carlos Pereira

The Minder
05-04-2010, 05:19 AM
No..

I use DD/MM/YY myself too, but all the hands are stored in the MM/DD/YY format in the SQL database. And most pokersites also use this format in their handhistories:

Full Tilt Poker Game #20310162141: Table Ciji - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:59:11 ET - 2010/04/23

If we added the option to convert it to DD/MM/YY, it's a likely disaster since those things never go flawlessly.
I must be missing something... your response is not making sense.

KanedMan
05-04-2010, 05:24 AM
I must be missing something... your response is not making sense.

I think he must have thought of changing the database date format itself, when what I meant was the 'display date' format to be adjustable in the program so that non-MM/DD/YY users (ie Australia etc) can display the date in the reports/graphs etc can show it correctly.

ashaxi hit the nail on the head, and what I was thinking too.. :D