PDA

View Full Version : New User - Questions

SgtKyle
10-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Long time Tourney Manager user, just getting off my butt and around to upgrading from PT2/PAHud. I have downloaded HM 1.06.03h and am running Windows Vista. Both .exe files are set to Run as an administrator.

When I start HM I get to the first screen fine, then I click the Try button. At this point I get the error "Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'. This error is followed by another error having to do with the DBControlPanel being closed down, at which time the program is closed entirely. This error seems to do with PostgreSQL according to the HM Tutotorial & FAQ page. I had yet to install PostgreAQL so I went to the PostgreSQL site and attempted to install version 8.3, however I encountered an error not listed on their FAQ during both my attempts. The error occurs at the service configuration screen where you enter in an Account Name and Password. I used the defaults of postgres and postgrespass. The error pops up when I click next and reads 'Invalid Username specified: logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.'

I am not sure how to proceed from here, on the quickstart.pdf file it appears there is a link within the HM program to PostgreSQL Install Instructions. Perhaps this link could help me, but I fail to get that far into the program. Thanks in advance for any and all help, I am not really a computer whiz but do my best to read all instructions/FAQs before soliciting assistance.

SgtKyle
10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I now see that I need to disable my UAC, doing that now. Hopefully it will fix any problems I am occuring.

SgtKyle
10-08-2008, 03:36 PM
UAC now disabled, problems remain unchanged.

SgtKyle
10-08-2008, 04:12 PM
I have now installed PostgreSQL 8.3

The PostgreSQL Install Instructions I found for HM via google provided the solution of making the Account Name postgresuser. This worked.

However, I am receiving a different error now. It reads 'The following error occured when trying to open the database: FATAL: 3D000: database "HoldemManager" does not exist'

This is followed by the same DBControlPanel has stopped working error.

I will continue trying to troubleshoot these problems :\

Edit: Confirmed PostgreSQL is running via Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

fabio
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
delete the holdemmanager.config file in the config folder and start HM

SgtKyle
10-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I deleted the config file and ran HM

I then received this:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavaliable.

click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi' in the box below.

I pointed it to the folder where the .msi file was and directly to the file multiple times, all failed. I may have installed HM before on this computer when I tried PT3 out, I cannot remember. Could this be the problem? Anyway, if I can get this working I am 100% ready to purchase right now. I am fed up with PT2/PAHud.

morny
10-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Sounds like your running the installer file, to be sure go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager folder and run holdemmanager.exe from there.

The original errors your getting suggest that it might be a firewall/antivirus issue blocking postgreSQL which might return and if so i suggest you follow this FAQ http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=153

fabio
10-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Please run this update and see if that helps: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta9b.exe

SgtKyle
10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Thank you for the help, I've got it up and running. I love this HUD!