PDA

View Full Version : Sorting hand histories should refresh immediately, but doesn't

brizzology
10-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi, I'm trying out HEM and I'm really impressed. Thought I'd post a couple of issues I'm having with it, which I haven't found posted in the forum.

I'm running HEM 1.06.03h on Windows Vista 64.

I go to "Cash Games/Sessions" and click on a session to get the hand history for a single profile (not multiple aliased players). The hand histories come up.

Then I click on "$" to sort my biggest wins in descending order. I find that nothing happens for at least 2-4 seconds, and finally, the ordered list appears. This happens even when a small number of hands are displayed (e.g. 100), and doesn't matter if I have 100/500/All selected. It also doesn't matter if I'm using graphical cards or not in the display. It doesn't matter if I'm sorting by "$" or by any other attribute.

Now, I also notice that if I click on the "$" and then immediately click on a hand history row, the sorted rows appear immediately.

This makes me think that the database operation definitely completed, but HEM just isn't refreshing the screen to display the new list immediately.

It would be nice if this was quicker, because it's a real drag to have to wait so long as I sort for various options. I love HEM because it's way quicker than PT3 thus far, and this would be an even bigger improvement.

morny
10-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Can you tell me if its the same with this update http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

brizzology
10-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Will do as soon as I get home, thanks.

brizzology
10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I installed 1.06.04 beta 10, and found that it did not fix the problem. If I click on a column to sort, it takes anywhere from 2-5 seconds to show up. If I click on a column to sort, then immediately click on a row, everything shows up immediately.

This happens, even when dealing with a small number of hands (e.g. 100). Let me know if you need more info.

Rvg72
10-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Can you try making sure you have your latest video card drivers - this seems like a windows refresh issue that I would expect a driver update to correct. Let me know if it still happens

Roy

brizzology
10-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks Roy, I verified that I have the very latest drivers -- ATI catalyst version 8.9. I am using an HD4850 graphics card.

I bought your software anyway, it's awesome! I'd be happy to provide more info to fix this issue, just let me know.

Rvg72
10-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Can you try resizing the form and see if that forces the display to refresh like clicking on a row did.

brizzology
10-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Interesting, I don't get a chance to resize, because as soon as my mouse leaves the frame of the window containing the hand histories, the screen is refreshed.

So it seems like you can force it to refresh if (1) I leave that window, or (2) I click on a row. Otherwise, it takes between 1-4 seconds.

Rvg72
10-17-2008, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the info - I think it must be something with your video card though since windows and the graphics driver are responsible for this refreshing. HM has told it to display the new info but it is delaying for some reason.

Roy