PDA

View Full Version : Tourny Size/ Finish

Jevo
04-28-2010, 07:45 AM
Hi guys,

I play a lot of the 27man SnG @ Stars, but I keep having to change data once my session is over. The sections I'm having problems with are Tourney>Results:

Finish - If I finish anywhere between 10-27 HEM records it as 9th.

Size - I get random tourney sizes 11, 16 19 etc even though I'm only playing 27mans...

Tables - obv 27mans are 3 table tourneys and thus should come under MTT and not 1-table or 2 table which happens a lot.

I'm going through changing them after each tourney which is becoming painful. Is it something that I'm doing wrong/should change?

thanks

Patvs
04-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Create a new database--> You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries.

Then later, you want to import the summaries on a regular basis:

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

---

If the above... doesn't fix the proper finish position/winnings for your 27 man SNGs email us a couple of the handhistories of such games with a link to this thread.

Jevo
05-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Ok so I've recieved all hand histories and summeries from stars support. I've imported the hand histories without a problem.

The tournament summaries I wasn't so lucky with.

I copied the contents of the .htm files they sent me in to .txt files (notepad++) but, although HM shows that it's imported something the results aren't showing. The tournaments are showing in Results, but theres no stats in 'finish' or '$ won'

EDIT: My ring game omaha hands, won't show up in graph format, although the stats are there (I do have the omaha add on ldo)

This is quite frustrating.

morny
05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
please email the hands and summaries to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

Did you import them into a new database or an existing database?

Jevo
05-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I've sent the mail.

I imported them into a new database and deleted the old one.

I've sorted the omaha graph problem, it was a mere filter slip up.

thanks so far.

Jevo
05-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Fozzy, as you can see from above my only problem now is getting the tournament summeries to import. I'm not sure if it's the format or what, I've tried most things on this forum and it just doesn't seem to be happening.

Please Help :(

fozzy71
05-10-2010, 10:42 PM
I have sent the screen shots and associated files from my testing with the email reply.

I unzipped and imported all the text files. I imported 36,422 and 150 import errors. I took a quick look at the errors and some of them are due to invalid game type, etc. We can take a closer look at those later.

I then imported the summary files and selected your screen name. I did get one import error.

When checking the results, I see 317/320 tourneys are listed as completed. I only saw one tourney with an odd number of players (13). All the rest seemed correct: Lots of 9 player, 10 player, 18 player, and 27 player tourneys.

Are these the results you are getting? Have you tried importing the files to a new Db as I described?

gaiba
08-04-2010, 06:59 PM
I have the same exact problem as the original poster, with 27man sng on pokerstars.it (in english).

I have tried doing what you said above:
- downloaded the last patch/version
- I created a new database
- I had all my tournament histories sent by email to me
- unzipped them to txt
- had hem import all hands from the files (it took like 10 hours)

But still it doesn't recognize them as 27 ppl tournaments, but each has a random amount of players (depending on when I was kicked out), some are registered as 1 table tournaments, some as 2 table tournaments, some as 3 (again depending on how many times I changed table before losing or winning).
And of course this totally screws the luck adjusted red line...

Is it fixable? What else should I do?

Thanks.

The Minder
08-04-2010, 08:19 PM
I have the same exact problem as the original poster, with 27man sng on pokerstars.it (in english).

I have tried doing what you said above:
- downloaded the last patch/version
- I created a new database
- I had all my tournament histories sent by email to me
- unzipped them to txt
- had hem import all hands from the files (it took like 10 hours)

But still it doesn't recognize them as 27 ppl tournaments, but each has a random amount of players (depending on when I was kicked out), some are registered as 1 table tournaments, some as 2 table tournaments, some as 3 (again depending on how many times I changed table before losing or winning).
And of course this totally screws the luck adjusted red line...

Is it fixable? What else should I do?

Thanks.
Importing Tourney Summaries should not take 10 hours. Are you sure you didn't request hand histories?

gaiba
08-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Importing Tourney Summaries should not take 10 hours. Are you sure you didn't request hand histories?

yes, sorry, I requested hand histories.

:o

So I should have requested tourney summaries and hem can import those as well?

netsrak
08-05-2010, 04:04 AM
yes, see this FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

Its the same procedure for summaries.

gaiba
08-05-2010, 04:13 AM
yes, see this FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

Its the same procedure for summaries.

Thanks a lot for your help.
I have done it for my scheduled mtts to try and it worked, but there were some errors in the importing and now some tournaments, notably only some of those where I had won. It says NaN (not a number I guess?) in most of the entries of the Stats tab.
Is there a way to correct this?

gaiba
08-05-2010, 04:50 AM
I have now also imported all the sng tournament summaries.

Still holdem manager doesn't recognize the 27man tournies correctly.

Should I have imported the tournaments summaries BEFORE the hand histories?

The Minder
08-05-2010, 05:08 AM
I have now also imported all the sng tournament summaries.

Still holdem manager doesn't recognize the 27man tournies correctly.

Should I have imported the tournaments summaries BEFORE the hand histories?

No... you did it the right way.

For some, as yet unexplained, reason the HM database sometimes 'breaks' when having to deal with Pokerstars tournies. The best option is to create a new database and re-import all your hands and then re-import all your summaries.

gaiba
08-05-2010, 06:20 AM
No... you did it the right way.

For some, as yet unexplained, reason the HM database sometimes 'breaks' when having to deal with Pokerstars tournies. The best option is to create a new database and re-import all your hands and then re-import all your summaries.

:'(

thx anyway :)

gaiba
08-05-2010, 06:26 AM
I've yet one question though: theoretically speaking, if everything worked fine, would importing the tournament summaries be supposed to "fix" the 27man problem by making HEM understand they are 27 players sng, or that is just to incorporate the winnings, and therefore HEM should already be able to correctly read 27man tournaments just from the hand histories?

In other words, if my HEM badly reads those sng, importing tourney summaries is not going to help anyway or sometimes it could work?

Jevo
08-05-2010, 06:55 AM
I did get this working fine up until the last update and now I have a problem again. I'll send fozzy a few HHs and see where it goes from there.

nice to see a fellow 27er, whats your sn@stars?

_Loki_
08-05-2010, 07:28 AM
###
Hi gaiba

Look at the tournament history & the tournament summary in here:
>> FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Poker Stars General Information (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/343/Poker+Stars+General+Information)

Read the tournament HISTORY hand - that is what PS writes to your HDD...
Can you tell from it if the game is 9 player, 90 player, 900 player ?

No - so HM treats it as one table until you educate it with the tourney summary OR you edit the information in HM by hand

If HM is not reading the HH correctly then the summaries will not help

###
you are pokerstars.it ?
you have HH in English ?
your PC regional settings are for USA ? (a decimal point not a comma 3,5 = bad & 3.5 = good)
etc etc

###

gaiba
08-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi Loki,

No - so HM treats it as one table until you educate it with the tourney summary OR you edit the information in HM by hand

If HM is not reading the HH correctly then the summaries will not help

ok, this is clear now to me, thanks. Anyway I think HEM is reading the HH correctly.

Regarding your questions:

- you are pokerstars.it ?

YES

- you have HH in English ?

YES

- your PC regional settings are for USA ? (a decimal point not a comma 3,5 = bad & 3.5 = good)

my overall pc settings have to be for usa for hem to work? how do I check or change that? If that were the problem though, wouldn't HEM not work in general, not just for this specific bug?

Thanks a lot for your help and time :)

fozzy71
08-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Make sure you use our latest internal version which has many fixes for stars results issues.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/34519-1-11-04b-internal-pre-release-important-stars-updates-here.html

gaiba
08-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Make sure you use our latest internal version which has many fixes for stars results issues.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/34519-1-11-04b-internal-pre-release-important-stars-updates-here.html

I have now downloaded it, thanks.

After the update should I create a new database, importing the hands and the summaries, or it shouldn't be necessary?

Jevo
08-05-2010, 02:52 PM
The internal update fixed my import problems, thanks fozzy

fozzy71
08-05-2010, 03:20 PM
I have now downloaded it, thanks.

After the update should I create a new database, importing the hands and the summaries, or it shouldn't be necessary?

Only if you think there are still errors in the current DB that were caused from importing hands into version 1.11.03 or earlier.

gaiba
08-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Only if you think there are still errors in the current DB that were caused from importing hands into version 1.11.03 or earlier.

I was saying that because it didn't fix the bug for me...

I guess I'll have to import everything again... :(

gaiba
08-05-2010, 06:10 PM
The internal update fixed my import problems, thanks fozzy

hi, did you just update hem and then everything was fine?

Jevo
08-05-2010, 07:03 PM
I got this problem sorted out originally by starting a new database and requesting all the info from stars and starting from the beggining.

The update fozzy posted sorted a bug with my imports yes but I had that since the last update.

Are you requesting tournament sumeries from stars? If so, are you using Notepad++ to copy the text over from email? I find it doesn't work with the standard notepad.

Jevo
08-05-2010, 07:09 PM
duplicate

gaiba
08-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I got this problem sorted out originally by starting a new database and requesting all the info from stars and starting from the beggining.

The update fozzy posted sorted a bug with my imports yes but I had that since the last update.

Are you requesting tournament sumeries from stars? If so, are you using Notepad++ to copy the text over from email? I find it doesn't work with the standard notepad.

Stars sent me an htm file and HEM is reading it correctly, it asks me my stars username and then everything seems fine.

Except, it still doesn't work. :(

netsrak
08-07-2010, 11:24 AM
If you still have problems with 1.11.04 please send us the hands and summaries.

gaiba
08-07-2010, 11:53 AM
If you still have problems with 1.11.04 please send us the hands and summaries.

Thanks!
The hand histories occupy a lot of space, like hundred of MB, is it ok to send by email?

netsrak
08-08-2010, 06:05 AM
That will not work. Please zip and mail some sample tourneys or upload all the data to a filehoster and send us the link.