PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 problem

Brunello1952
04-27-2010, 11:24 PM
I just upgraded from VISTA to Windows 7 and Hold'Em won't open. After I click the icon, it comes up with an error message:"unhandled exception, type initializer for 'scanner form 1' threw an exception".

I looked at the 'sticky' on the subject, and I don't even see Hold'Em in the explorer panel. Not sure what to do next. I need more details (step by step) than the sticky gives since I'm not particularly computer savvy, particularly with just having upgraded Windows.

Patvs
04-28-2010, 12:28 AM
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Brunello1952
04-28-2010, 01:00 PM
I can't find the "executables", whatever they are. I look in the RVG Hold'em file folder and I don't see any installation directory. What am I looking for? Should I just download an update and try from there? (I'm now running Windows 7; I had no problems at all with VISTA).

Patvs
04-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Try this and reboot:

Disable User Account Control in Windows Vista (http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm)