PDA

View Full Version : Does Tourney Results always lag with a big database?

dynamite140
04-27-2010, 04:01 PM
When i first installed HEM. it ran very smoothly. However, i noticed that when i had a lot of hands on my database and players... it currently takes about 25 seconds or so before i can see my actual results. Is this going to happen no matter what even if you buy a real fast computer? I recalled that when i had very few hands/players... it would show my results in the tourney tab in about 3 seconds.

A person i talk to bought a new laptop real fast and tells me it takes him about 2 minutes for the results in the tourney section to show up.

Patvs
04-27-2010, 07:42 PM
read http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

As your database becomes bigger, the two most important things are:
-1 maintenance (vacuum/analyse/defrag)
-2 harddisk speed (!)

Your friend with the FAST laptop probably has a slow harddisk. (most laptop harddisks are only 5400 RPM and really slow favoring being energy efficient--> longer battery life over speed.

Pupp3tMast3r
06-03-2010, 01:40 AM
I have a monster of a computer and if I run more than 4 fulltilt tables at a time with HEM my system gets ridiculously slowed.

My system: I7 Quad Core @ 2.3 each, 12 GB DDR3 in Triple Channel, 1 GB 9800 GTX2, and Intel X25 extreme 80 GB SSD (was the fastest SSD on the market at the time.) Im running Win 7 64bit

I can run Starcraft 2, Counterstrike ALL with maximum graphical settings, on 2 different 1080p screens, watch a video, run 20 other programs in the background while processing a video AND it does not lag.

I can open 16 fulltilt tables without HEM, it doesn't lag. As soon as I put HEM in the equation bang, lag.

I have tried every tip in the book, nothing works. So I'm hoping eventually one of the future builds will stop this behaviour.