PDA

View Full Version : Show me your win graphs

bigbro69
04-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi

Been using HM for a while, not doing too good. Should have known that tournament results demands ages to be able to use in my advantage.

Well, i am actually writing a schoolreport on onlinepoker and software, among other things. I would like to write a chapter which shows that cashplayers get more profitable with HM. So it would be great if you could give some info or graphs, that shows your ROI before and after your use of HM.

If anyone can give me links to other useful material about stats and graphs, that shows f.ex. most profitable gamestyle, stakes, best position at the table aso, that would be awesome. Thx.

Patvs
04-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Sharkscope, PokerTableRatings, etc. recently wrote articles about the percentage of ALL the players in their database that is a winning player.

So not taking into account if they play with/without software--> what percentage of player actually wins with online poker??

What fraction of online poker players are winners? | SharkScopers (http://www.sharkscopers.com/blog/thestatistician/what-fraction-online-poker-players-are-winners)

The general rules seems to be: 2/3 LOSE.... 1/3 WINS. (which is a "natural balance" for regular SNG players since SNGs pay 1/3 of the players.

PTR did an article this week that showed that only 1/3 of the SPONSORED PROS on Full Tilt and PokerStars are profitable.

bigbro69
04-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Sharkscope, PokerTableRatings, etc. recently wrote articles about the percentage of ALL the players in their database that is a winning player.

So not taking into account if they play with/without software--> what percentage of player actually wins with online poker??

What fraction of online poker players are winners? | SharkScopers (http://www.sharkscopers.com/blog/thestatistician/what-fraction-online-poker-players-are-winners)

The general rules seems to be: 2/3 LOSE.... 1/3 WINS. (which is a "natural balance" for regular SNG players since SNGs pay 1/3 of the players.

PTR did an article this week that showed that only 1/3 of the SPONSORED PROS on Full Tilt and PokerStars are profitable.

Well, as mentioned in that article, 1/3 wins in over 100 games. Everyone knows that poker goes up and down, but the real interesting part is to know how many longterm winners there are, say over a period of 1 year. I have seen numbers from 2-15 %. I dont know which is more correct. I think that most players break even +-10% in the long run. I mean, if your ROI is only a few %, you could hardly call yourself a winner, i guess. Just my thought.