PDA

View Full Version : Lagging since update

Atkinator
04-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Since updating to 1.10.06/1.10.06a HEM seems to really make my tables lag once I hit 10+ tables. I've never had this problem before.

It seems it's something to do with the HUD as it is fine if I close Table Manager mid-session.

I thought it might be something to do with the new live-tracking feature, but even when I take this off it does the same thing.

It's 100% doing it on FT and I think it's doing it on Stars as well.

I vacuumed my hands but that didn't fix it...

Anything I can do about it or should I roll back to an earlier version for now?

netsrak
04-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Please try disabling the live-tracking feature for this sites under the site options.

Step 2: try to disable the prefetch for FTP and stars.

Atkinator
04-27-2010, 06:48 AM
I thought it might be something to do with the new live-tracking feature, but even when I take this off it does the same thing.

;)

Will try it without prefetch too...

Alex
04-29-2010, 02:17 AM
I have the same problem with FTP. when i restart HEM everything works fine again. I am playing HU max. 2-tables.

prefetch and live-tracking disabled.
win7 & v1.10.06a

netsrak
04-29-2010, 03:53 AM
Please check this:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Performance & Speed Tweaks (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/373/Holdem+Manager+Performance+%26+Speed+Tweaks)
especially the database tuning issues

Alex
04-29-2010, 04:11 AM
i dont think its a database or hardware performance issue, cause i donīt have any lagging problems when playing on stars or ipoker.
the only other software i have running is TableNinjaFT (latest version).

netsrak
04-29-2010, 06:41 AM
and without TN?

inavacuum
04-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Same problem. Reverting to earlier release.

mamba
04-30-2010, 02:40 PM
same here, downgrading as well now...

inavacuum
04-30-2010, 02:51 PM
As an aside, with the latest version I get less accurate Rush readings. Often stats will appear as just "L ------" or they will hang as that for 5-10 seconds before switching to the appropriate stats. This occurs with and without prefetch on. With 1.10.04 everything is instant and accurate with and without prefetch on.

mamba
04-30-2010, 03:46 PM
same here, downgrading as well now...

just tried 10.05 and 10.04, but won't scan (classic) at all and won't open seats or join wlists.
Back to 10.06a (10.06 link is down) again and hoping for improvement with the next update.
Thanks.

Atkinator
05-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah I've reverted to 1.10.04 which is fine...

Alex
05-04-2010, 02:57 AM
got a little bit of lagging with pokerstars yesterday.
(playing only two tables of HU)

when i close HEM and restart, lagging is gone.

alipoker90
05-06-2010, 02:11 PM
The exact same thing is happening to me. I dont know if it was like that before the update but when i run the HUD on more then 14 tables it becomes slow and starts lagging. This occurs with and without table ninja (though with table ninja it is much worse). When i try playing without holdem manager hud or table ninja, it is very fast... i play on pokerstars. Any tips i can try? i have xp, could it run smoother on windows 7 maybe? i unticked prefetch one hand. i have a 2.8 GHZ desktop with good graphic card and everything.

fozzy71
05-06-2010, 08:00 PM
The exact same thing is happening to me. I dont know if it was like that before the update but when i run the HUD on more then 14 tables it becomes slow and starts lagging. This occurs with and without table ninja (though with table ninja it is much worse).

Try disabling the Frames on the Table Control tab.

When i try playing without holdem manager hud or table ninja, it is very fast... i play on pokerstars. Any tips i can try? i have xp, could it run smoother on windows 7 maybe? i unticked prefetch one hand. i have a 2.8 GHZ desktop with good graphic card and everything.

Turn off any HUD transparency, multiple panels, and maximize the opacity.

If you use the pre-fetch or live-tracking options, disable them in the HUD Options > Site Options > Full Tilt or Stars

What other software is running? TableNinja or Hotkeys? Can you try to get a screen shot of the Task Manager > Processes tab, sorted in descending order of CPU and Memory use?