PDA

View Full Version : Lost my old postgreSQL database!

GTR32
04-26-2010, 06:12 AM
Hello, I think im stuck. I have gone to use HEM tonight and have run into trouble with launching the application. When launching HEM, it comes up with can't find user login details for postgreSQL account. I have found this before but have just created another account last time calling the login 'postgres' and password the same. Then imported all my hands once again. And setup the database all over again.
This time I have thousands of hands and have tryed to follow all the directions within the forum to re-install a new postgreSQL database within the same database. But I think I have failed. I have got manager to work again but without all my original data. Can you help me get my old database back.

P.S. I have installed the newer version of postgreSQL and have updated HEM!

Thankyou.
GTR32.

netsrak
04-26-2010, 06:53 AM
I think you now have 2 Postgresql servers installed and your old data are managed by the old Postgresql. There is no easy way to get them back.

You should uninstall the new postgresql version and try to reinstall the old one like explained in this FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)

Or you go for the Teamviewer session like i wrote in your other thread.

GTR32
04-26-2010, 07:20 AM
I think I need to recovery my old postgreSQL 8.3 password and username, is this possible? As when it has installed the the newer version of postgreSQL 8.4 it has left files in:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3

I have copied these files to:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4

Is this the reason I haven't been successful? (Note: You must install the same version of PostgreSQL the old database was stored in. eg C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3 not C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4.) If I roll back to this and go about it like im tryting to explain, could this help my problem?

Can I recover my notes from my old database? - I don't mind having to import three days of hands, but would really appreciate if I can save them priceless notes I have lost.

Thankyou.
GTR32.

GTR32
04-26-2010, 07:31 AM
One thing I have noticed, is that I don't have postgres.exe isn't running in background in WindowsXP. I have notice the only time it has work for me so far (without old database, is when I have added HEM to startup on windows 'desktop'. Whilst running it had a cmd prompt window open called C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\bin\postgres.exe, which was blank, when closing this window HEM would close down. I have added exceptions to 'Windows Firewall', and uninstalled 'Windows Defender'. I use 'Avast Anti Virus' which hasn't seem to give me any problems/issues before with any applications, in regards to firewall issues.

Thankyou.
GTR32.

GTR32
04-26-2010, 08:23 AM
I think you now have 2 Postgresql servers installed and your old data are managed by the old Postgresql. There is no easy way to get them back.

You should uninstall the new postgresql version and try to reinstall the old one like explained in this FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)

Or you go for the Teamviewer session like i wrote in your other thread.

With what you said to do and with consideration to what is explained in this link that you have provided. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)
I have done the uninstall of the PostgreSQL 8.4 then uninstalled 8.3. I have got backup of all files within: C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3.
I have re-installed PostgreSQL 8.3 into directory C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3, like stated. I go to launch HEM, and it states, 'The following error occurred when trying to open database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'. Then it brings up the 'Database Control Panel', login in name states 'postgres' and password is the same, which is correct by memory. When attempting to connect it states, 'A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service. 'NO' takes you back to 'Database Control Panel', and 'YES' states 'Holdem Manager has started the service Please try again.' Then it takes you back to 'Database Control Panel'.

I think I need to recovery my old postgreSQL 8.3 password and username, is this possible?

Thankyou.
GTR32.

GTR32
04-26-2010, 08:43 AM
I have installed TeamViewer, I have a ID# for you, and password. Does this allow you remote access, do I have to enable anything, as I have got remote desktop disabled through windows ('msconfig' and in 'Services' in 'Administrative Tools'

Thankyou.
GTR32.

GTR32
04-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Have also done both of these links steps,
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/29833-following-error-occurred-when.html
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/8182-fix-postgresql-cannot-start-error-127-0-0-1-a.html

I have done both cleanup and install. And have added both these lines to the: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
I had never had a problem with my modems firewall before with this application, but I added 127.0.0.1:5432 to the exception/s list on my modem firewall settings.

Please help!

Thankyou.
GTR32.

morny
04-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi,

Please email me and we can do a teamviewer session, just download teamviewer from TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet (http://www.teamviewer.com) and let me know a suitable time GMT in advance. Teamviewer allows me to access your computer to fix the problem.

When we agree a suitable time you just need to send me the ID and password that Teamviewer creates to get access to your PC

Thanks
Morny
support@holdemmanager.com

GTR32
04-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi, morny. I just sent you a email, in regards. Thankyou for your time.

Thankyou.
GTR32.

GTR32
04-26-2010, 11:57 AM
I'll just leave my computer running with that 'TeamViewer' application running, for when you get a chance to have a look at it. If this doesn't work for you could you please send me a good time for you, for me to be around. As I would be happy to do it a.s.a.p. I will keep checking back in next hour or so.

Thankyou.
GTR32,

GTR32
04-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Bump.. Still struggling.
I will re-email you the correct ID# for and pin# for today 'TeamViewer' connection. I have been sending emails to support@holdemmanager.com, is this correct? To the Attention of 'morny'.

Thankyou.
GTR32.

morny
04-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks i sent an email

GTR32
04-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Hi, morny. Thankyou for taking the time to arrange this for me. As I really appreciate any help.

I am just about to send a email to you with details of 'TeamViewer'.

Thankyou.
GTR32.