PDA

View Full Version : a several questions

Shloogy
07-18-2008, 10:41 AM
HI!
amazing work on that HUD!

1.I have noticed that the text on HUD is BOLD, which makes it very difficult read, so is it possible to remove it?

2.whats the difference between "CO open raise" and "steal from CO"? looks the same isn't it? is there a guide with an explanation about all the stats?

3.is it suppose to take THAT long to import hands? talking about 100k - 1 day eta.

4.do u have plans on improving it's appearance ?
dont want to make u upset or something , but PT3 is really clean and nit , makes it very comfortable,as far as for the
functionality HM is better BY FAR (at least the HUD part)

thanks in advance, really sweet product,

morny
07-18-2008, 10:53 AM
1.I have noticed that the text on HUD is BOLD, which makes it very difficult read, so is it possible to remove it?

Options> Table Preferences > Font

2.whats the difference between "CO open raise" and "steal from CO"? looks the same isn't it? is there a guide with an explanation about all the stats?

Ill check this out for you, most likely they are the same stat but UTG open raise, MP open raise etc would have been created which wouldnt be covered by another stat so it was logical to also put CO Open raise there aswell even though there was an identical stat otherwise people would be asking why is there UTG,MP,Button,SB open raise and not a CO open raise.

3.is it suppose to take THAT long to import hands? talking about 100k - 1 day eta.

I answered this in the other post, if its still taking that long upgrade to the newest version and also try a vacuum Options> Vacuum Analyze Database

4.do u have plans on improving it's appearance ?
dont want to make u upset or something , but PT3 is really clean and nit , makes it very comfortable,as far as for the
functionality HM is better BY FAR (at least the HUD part)

If alot of people dont like the HUD appearance im sure Roy will make changes but with these types of things its hard to suit everybody and i havent heard much on people requesting changes to the HUD appearance its been more about tweaking the HUD. Actually in the suggestions over the last month between the old and new forum i havent noticed any requests for this but we will certainly listen if its what the majority of people want.

Shloogy
07-18-2008, 11:08 AM
thank u for the reply.

the HUD is FANTASTIC :)

i'm talking about the software's "lobby"...

Shloogy
07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
ETA : 12hours...
so, i didnt really understand the vacuum part.should vacuole what i have currently on HM? should i vacuum my whole DB on PT3 and than export and than import it to HM?

thanks in advance

morny
07-18-2008, 12:15 PM
This is your 1st import? If thats the case i wouldnt think Vacuum would be much help.

What is the hands per second count, it really shouldnt take any where near that length for 100k hands, give it a few more minutes and if the ETA dosent reduce signficantly let me know.

Maybe try a reboot, might be possible the PC is lagging or something and a reboot might help. Whats the pcs rough specs?

Ive heard that defragmenting has improved import speeds by alot for some people but this can take a long time so it would be my last resort.

morny
07-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Are you sure you have version 1.06.01b

Shloogy
07-18-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm positive. i have downloaded the software and than updeated it. i think it's like 4h\s or something like that.really not realistic.

dont think that defragmenting would do any better since my pc has just gone thought a format.

regarding Vacuuming, u didnt advised me what is the procedure - should i vacuum my DB using PT3, export it and than use HM to import it ?

or some other way?

btw, sorry for the silly question, but what is exactly vaccum? and whats the difference between purge?

also, is there a way of "cutting" some old database? for instance, i have a DB of 5 months old and i think the plrs has adjusted their game, so is there a way to cut about two months?

thanks in advance,

morny
07-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi,

Im not to sure on the technical details behind Vacumming as i dont deal with SQL very often but basically it reorganises the database so things run more efficently. Since there is no data/tables and youve a new database it wont help and if youve just formatted your drive fragmenting wont help.

Ill forward this onto Roy and see if he has any suggestions as you should be getting faster speeds than that.

Purge just deletes the details of HH to free up space in your database. So you might want to purge all your hands where the flop wasnt seen or a lower level you dont play anymore etc but again no use to you in this case because youve a new database, when you import your HH you can purge hands by going to Options> Observed HH configuration > Purge HH Options. Please be aware though that even though the HH details will be purged this wont delete the actual hand if you run a report but you will no longer be able to view it in the replayer etc so basically it just frees up space. There will be an option to completely delete the HH in the next 2 weeks or so if you want to hold on for that.