PDA

View Full Version : How come my regular tourneys on stars don't import?

dynamite140
04-25-2010, 08:02 PM
The tourneys that i entered in stars today, like the $11 20k guaranteed and the quarter million tourneys... how come these don't upload the results to my HEM?

For sngs and dons... it would import everything correctly. I play about 150 DoNs a day and as long as i have no internet problem , all my results are shown. The same is true for those $11 180 player turbos on pokerstars. However, when i play a regular pokerstar tournament that is NOT a sit and go, I don't see any of the results.

Am i suppose to request hand histories every single day that i play tournaments on pokerstars?

morny
04-25-2010, 08:09 PM
The thing is HM can easily calculate the correct winnings and placings if its a sng where all the players are at the same table. However with MTTs basically and 2+ table tournaments HM has no way of knowing whether there is 10 people in the tournament or 10,000 so without this info HM cant workout your position or payout or if the tournament is complete. You can manually edit or also you can request summaries which detail the total people in a tournie, the payout positions and your finishing place, if you import this into HM it will update the results

You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries.

The hands will be linked in the email body in zip files. You download and unzip those to a new folder, then Import From Folder. The summaries will be attached to the email, most likely as .HTM or .HTML files. Download those and Import File(s) to pick them. It should ask you for the hero name that the summaries belong to.

Then later, you want to import the summaries on a regular basis:

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software - Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

dynamite140
04-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Do people who play tourneys everyday request them every single day?? Like right after they are finished with the tourney? I only play tourneys maybe 1 or 2 times a week.

By the way, those 180 player sngs $11 turbos on stars... my winnings/losses DO show up on my HEM though in terms of profit. But you say any tourneys will 2 or more tables won't show?

Also, do you know how long it would take about to import these tourneys? Would i be imported the dons i played as well?

You would suggest doing this over manually entering them right?

dynamite140
04-26-2010, 01:49 AM
I emailed them what you said morny. This is their reply

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we do not support Hold'em Manager; however, I have attached to
this email your tournaments played for this month, so you can select the
ones you need.

For current hand histories, you can activate our "Instant Hand History"
feature. Using this feature you will be able to view hand histories using
the PokerStars software.

To use this feature, go to a PokerStars table and using your mouse pointer,
click on the top left corner of the screen where it says:

Game # 3408490149
Previous # 3409037196

An "Instant Hand History" window will pop up and the hand histories will be
displayed. Please note the hand histories will not be saved unless you have
instructed the software to do so. If you would like to save your hands to
disk, in the same "Instant Hand History" window, click "Options..." and then
tick/check the "Save My Hands History" box. If you do not have a table open,
you can do the same thing from the PokerStars Lobby screen by selecting:
'Options' -> 'Instant Hand History Options...' -> Save My Hands History'.

For older hand histories, you will need to request us to send them to you.
Simply send an email to support@pokerstars.com and we will be happy to send
them to you.

Also, we can send you the entire hand history for you to download all the
hands from our server.

If there is anything additional that we may be able to assist you with,
please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Natalia V
PokerStars Support Team

netsrak
04-26-2010, 04:13 AM
Did they send you the summaries with the mail?

Did you request them in the Stars client?

For correct results you need to do this regularly and import the files.

dynamite140
05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Do i need to do this everyday? Meaning every day that i do play some regular tourneys, i need to email them? I guess i will play at most 7 tourneys a day.

Because i want my results daily like i have my results imported everyday with my DoN sngs but also with my MTT.

Do you want me to ask for my MTT results JUST for the day? I only want my MTT results from now on and don't care about the past.

dynamite140
05-24-2010, 10:41 PM
anyone?

The Minder
05-25-2010, 01:20 AM
I play about 10 SnG/MTTs a day on pokerstars. I normally request my last 50 tourney summaries from PS every couple of days. I don't need BR info updated by the minute so going a couple of days with 'incomplete' summary data is no big deal to me.

Sarek
05-25-2010, 07:39 AM
there is no other way to get MTT results - request summaries only
right after MTT ends - or once a week - is up to you

but if you import all MTT summaries you played - this will cause a lot of players in DB with zero hands played. Do you want this? Personally I don't - so I use Stars menu feature "Reveive congratulation emails" instead of requesting summaries with 30K people every time. And enter my MTT results manually after receiving these emails. More time and more to do manually - but smaller DB

dynamite140
05-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Well the thing is i play about 150 DoNs a day and if i play 5 MTT a day i would not want to request the last 50 because i would get probably 49 DoN and 1 MTT result.

Would you say its just better to manually input it then for someone like me ?

When you say do it right after the MTT ends... you mean go and request that specific tournament number id result right?

What do you mean that it will have some players in the DB with 0 hands played? You mean that say there are 5000 players in the tourney and if i do this i will have all these 5000 players in my database even though i probably only sat with 50 of them ? Is that what you mean?

Those Congratulation emails you only get MTT results right? Because i play tons of DoNs a day and do not want to receive 50 congrats on making the money.

Sarek
05-25-2010, 12:28 PM
yes, you'll have all of them. Try to play Sunday 1\4 mln (for example), then request and import its summary. About 30K new players in DB with zero hands and zero stats...
If you play 150 DONs vs 5 MTTs - IMO the better way is to do little manual work 5 times per day. But this is only my personal opinion. As you wish...
Or write down somewhere MTT ID when playing and then ask only one sumary by this ID - Stars gives you such option

dynamite140
05-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Well the most players i had at my db one time was 60000 players and that was after playing for 5 months with the db.

So having 30k players in my database would slow my HEM down right? I mean if i play this tourney sunday million 5 times, wouldn't i have about 130000 new players then??

I am confused. Do you want me to check for the congratulations email? Or just request the tournament summary for that specific tournament id? Say if i play just 5 tourneys a day and after i bust, i would just go and type that tourney? Would i have to input the same info like with a don?

I am confused about the 2 choices you are giving me in your last 2 sentences

Sarek
05-26-2010, 03:53 AM
HM works fine with DON on Stars - you don't need to do more
play MTT, then request its summary by ID and import - it's the easiest way

dynamite140
05-26-2010, 12:58 PM
What do you mean request the tourney id and THEN IMPORT? I have to save the file through my email first to my desktop and then IMPORT FILES OR IMPORT FROM FOLDER?

Requesting the summary by id and then importing means i will or will not get 30000 new players in my database? I am confused a bit.

Sarek
05-26-2010, 01:50 PM
open Stars client
menu request - tournament history
select second option - by ID - and enter this ID (do not tick Personal statisticks)
wait email and open it
select all - copy - paste in new empty text file and save it in any place
HM - import from file (this)

and yes, you got all 30K players in this case

alternative: when you finish playing MTT (with autoimport) - go to tourneys\data view - dblclick its row and enter money won, position, set finish flag and whatewer you want. (no summaries, no mail, no extra players, but manual work)

dynamite140
05-26-2010, 02:52 PM
I have done this manual work with my Dons in those tourneys that are not completed. Yes it is tiring sometimes and once i manually did about 250 of them.

You say this way is better than the other way right since it won't have 30000 new players? I just wanted to know the preferred method here.

Thanks.

Sarek
05-26-2010, 02:56 PM
personally I preffer to enter MTT results manually
they runs 3-4-5 hours - no problem to spend 3-4-5 seconds more