PDA

View Full Version : Average Pot Size Stat

ProsperousOne
04-25-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm creating a stat for average pot size.

What is the definition of pokerhands.potsize?

Is there any easy way to create a stat for average pot size?

TIA!

ProsperousOne
04-26-2010, 10:30 AM
OK, I figured out the following:

pkh.potsize = biggest pot size (ie if there's a $5 pot, a player bets $3, all players fold to the bettor, then the pkh.potsize = $8, even though the final pot size is $5).

pkh.rake = rake deducted from final pot.
pkh.floppotsize = pot size at beginninng of flop
pkh.turnpotsize = pot size at beginninng of turn
pkh.riverpotsizepot = size at beginninng of river
pkh.showdownpotsize = size of final pot if there was a showdown (null if no sd?) without rake deduction

So I can get the final pot size easily if there is a showdown.
(If Showdown = True, then final pot = pkh.showdownpotsize).

How would I calculate the pot if there was no showdown?

Also, 2 thing I havn't been able to determine is how side pots or split pots are handled.

ProsperousOne
05-02-2010, 05:28 PM
I've figured out that all the data I need to get this is within the 3 main tables, PKMISC, PokerHands, and PokerHandsKey.

However, the size of the pot is not tracked directly, and when the hero folds to a raise, there doesn't appear to be a simple way to find the size of the pot when the hero folded.

All queries in HM seem to be from the point of view of the Hero. Within HM is it possible to run a query on a villain?

Ie, could you run a query on the villain on seat #2, to find out his total bets?

kamachos
02-18-2011, 09:08 AM
i am also interested in average pot size. Did you make any progress, is there a custom one?

ProsperousOne
02-18-2011, 09:34 AM
No, this turned out to be a major pain in the ass. As far as I can tell, you will need to recreate the action - almost creating a hand replayer for the action. Very complex.

The reason is that the pot size is not tracked during each street, you you first need to take the pot size at the beginning of the street, determine how many players called and/or raised, and track the action for each player. Too complex for a report, but I think you could create a script in PostgreSQL to possible do it.

I gave up after several weeks of attempts.