PDA

View Full Version : HUD Display Dimming

The Minder
04-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (host)
Win XP SP 2 (client)
HM 1.10.06a

My apologies for playing a cash game... curiosity got the better of me.

The attached image shows HUD data in the two blue boxes has faded compared to the 4 yellow boxes. This happens after about 3 minutes of play. It is not confined to players not in the hand (as you may deduce from the screenshot) and seems random. Left clicking on the table stats returns the player HUD data to correct luminosity, however the problem re-occurs several minutes later.

I have not noticed the problem in tournies (NLHE or PLO)

At first I thought it may have been the background colour (I had it set to transparent) but the problem remains with solid colour. As can be seen, I also use OI.

_Loki_
04-25-2010, 04:56 AM
Hi The Minder

Try this: HUD OPTIONS > Table Preferences > uncheck 'Dim Folded Players'

Do you feel soiled playing cash ? Did you kill the donkeys ? :)

The Minder
04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi The Minder

Try this: HUD OPTIONS > Table Preferences > uncheck 'Dim Folded Players'

Do you feel soiled playing cash ? Did you kill the donkeys ? :)

yes... yes... but cash is sooooo boring!

:)

Thank you. That box had always been checked, but I did not have live tracking on pokerstars activated until recently... hence the dimming became activated.

_Loki_
04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
'hence' ? I love that word. Such a change from 'wtf' & 'lol' etc etc

Is OI any good ? I would have thought a tidy aggro like you would not need odds to make money ? Or have tourneys turned you to jelly (jello) ?

The Minder
04-25-2010, 10:05 PM
I think OI is the best value for money poker program around, but I think I use it differently to most everyone else.

I Do not use the OI calculations to make decisions, I use it to verify my opinion on the strength of my hand. I look at my cards, my brain goes 'whirr, click, buzzz' and an assessment is made. I then look at the OI assessment. The more I use the program, the better my assessment becomes.

_Loki_
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
ok i will check out the equivalent nlhe cash thing they do