PDA

View Full Version : Can't Load HEM

green plastic
04-24-2010, 07:35 PM
I keep getting this error message:

An error occurred while reading the config//Holdemmanager.config file. Root element is missing.

It says it wlil then create a backup file for me, but an error pops up and says an unhandled exception has occured in your application.

After I click continue, the program just loads forever and nothing happens. What can I do here??

green plastic
04-24-2010, 07:45 PM
btw HEM has been working fine for me on this PC for months. no issues whatsoever.

my computer shut down during a session when i ran out of power and i now can't get it working.

fozzy71
04-24-2010, 10:11 PM
I keep getting this error message:

An error occurred while reading the config//Holdemmanager.config file. Root element is missing.

It says it wlil then create a backup file for me, but an error pops up and says an unhandled exception has occured in your application.

After I click continue, the program just loads forever and nothing happens. What can I do here??

This is the same problem that Brian was having, that you emailed me about yesterday. Feel free to email me directly and I can try to help you via teamviewer.

This is what I suggested for Brian. I have not got a reply after suggesting this, so I am hopeful it cured the problem.

0. Make sure you have installed the latest Beta version. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate
1. Note your database connection settings from the database management
2. Close holdemmanager
3. Go to the folder config in the holdemmanager installation path
4. Rename the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt or sth. like that.

I would also delete your positions files for the HUD, and the HUD itself:

A) Export any custom HUD configs and Copy/Paste your \Config folder before deleting any files as a backup.
B) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default. If you have any custom HUD's export them first and/or copy the \config folder to back them up.
C) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml. If you want to reset your HUD panel positions also, delete: pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt, and pospref4.txt.

5. Under Vista make sure that UAC is switched off or check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility
6. Restart Holdemmanager
7. Holdemmanager reinstalls and displays some messages and warnings
7a. A new holdemmanager.config file is generated
8. Reconfigure your database connection
9. After successful start reconfigure your Auto-import settings
10. Table manager should start again.

btw HEM has been working fine for me on this PC for months. no issues whatsoever.

my computer shut down during a session when i ran out of power and i now can't get it working.

:(

This can often damage the database making it unusable. Are you able to connect using the \RVG Software\Holdem Manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe file?

If you are unable to connect to the DB Control Panel and can't open HEM, we will probably have to try to reinstall HEM and possibly postgresql. Email me and I can help you with any/all of the above steps.

green plastic
04-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks a lot for the speedy response, Fozzy.

Worked great, I am back up and running.

gl