PDA

View Full Version : Unhandled exception: operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation

mrwhooooo
08-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Hey guys,

Hopefully I can get some help with this issue.

I have scoured the forums....and have found similar "unhandled exception" Microsoft .NET problems with others but not this "exact problem". I'm pretty surprised.

I went ahead and tried the advised "fixes" for everyone else's "unhandled exception" errors.

I'm was running HEM1 version 1.12.10b ....one of the threads I found suggested upgrading to 1.12.11 - so that's what I'm currently running, but the exact same problem keeps coming up.

This error pops up 5-10 seconds immediately after I launch HEM1.

So far this is what I've done in an attempt to fix this problem>

1. Made sure holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are running as administrator.

2. Made sure to make holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe exceptions in Windows firewall.

3. Installed the newest update to HEM1 (1.12.11)

4. Purged all of my hands from Options>Settings>Purge hands.

5. Vacuumed my database following these directions> http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+

6. I have also uninstalled my current NetFramework version with the tool found here>
http://videos.holdemmanager.com/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip

7. I've downloaded and reinstalled the newest version of Net installer.

8. I've also gone to windows update to reinstall all of the .net updates / and I've gone back again and again to make sure I've installed ALLLL of the updates.

9. Disabled UAC in Vista.

I'm pretty sure that covers everything I've done...in an attempt to resolve this. The only thing I HAVE NOT done is reindexed my database through Postgres....and I'm about to do that right now after I'm done typing this post. (hopefully that will fix this and this post will be irrelevent or at least help someone else)

What can I do to fix this issue!? Thanks for any help!!

Here is an exact copy of the error.>>

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite(Boolean calledFromFinalizer)
at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.IO.Stream.Close()
at System.IO.StreamWriter.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.IO.TextWriter.Dispose()
at System.IO.File.AppendAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at HMImport.ZoomScraper..ctor()
at HMImport.frmImportMain.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndPr oc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4223 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HMImport
Assembly Version: 1.11.5.7159
Win32 Version: 1.11.05.7159
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/HMImport.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4228 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4223 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4230 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Npgsql
Assembly Version: 2.0.6.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.6.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/Npgsql.DLL
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Mono.Security
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/Mono.Security.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

netsrak
08-06-2012, 05:17 AM
Which type of computer? Operating system?
Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?
From the text of the error message i would say your HDD is not formatted with NTFS or something is protecting it.

mrwhooooo
08-06-2012, 11:58 AM
My computer is a HP Pavilion A6152n. The operating system is Windows Vista.

I am not using any 3rd party firewall. Just Window's Vista's Firewall.

The only anti-spyware/adaware programs I am using are:

SpywareGuard, Spybot, WinPatrol, and Spyware blaster.

I have been running all of these programs for years.

Also I have been using HEM1 on this exact computer since 2010.

I have NOT installed any big major programs and neither have I have made any big changes to my computer/operating system lately.

This problem literally came out of no where. I was in the middle of playing 2 days ago....stopped playing, but left HEM1 running....went out to get some lunch...I came back and this error message popped up.

I'm not sure if my HDD is formatted with NTFS....This is the same HDD I've been using w/ HEM1 for 2+ years. It's worked completely fine up until now.

What would you recommend I do at this point? I'm willing to try anything to get this working!!

Maybe this extra information will help us narrow down the problem...>

As of right now my HUD still does pop up on my Zoom tables (my main game), HOWEVER, the HUD will show stats for completely different players not even seated at the tables I'm playing.

Also, I don't need to click "Start Auto-Import" for this error to come up. This error comes up 4-5 seconds after I launch HEM1.

Thank you for any help!!

Patvs
08-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Is your VISTA updated to Service Pack 2?

Can you reinstall HoldemManager to a DIFFERENT folder using the full installer: full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe
If you start it from the new location, do you get the same error?

mrwhooooo
08-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Yes, I am running Vista Service Pack 2.

Should I uninstall my current HEM1 before I reinstall to a DIFFERENT folder?

Or should I leave everything as is, and reinstall to a new location?

Also, I can reinstall to a different hard drive if necessary. Or should I just reinstall to a different folder on the current hard drive I've been using?

Patvs
08-06-2012, 06:57 PM
You don't have to uninstall the existing installation.

Just install it again to a different folder (and/or hard drive).
When you run it, you will have to activate it again (HoldemManager won't realize you're running the program twice on the same computer)

So if you get a 'now more activations allowed' error, reset the license first:
we have launched a new online form for resetting your own serial codes.

This can be used to clear a code so that it can be used on a different pc or clear a code if your hardware profile changes and it doesn't allow you to continue.

Please go to Hold'em Manager Poker Software - Best Poker Tracking Software (http://www.holdemmanager.com) and signup with a new login name and password or use your existing account. After that, simply navigate to "Upload License Code" and you can quickly add your serial code and reset it whenever you need to.

mrwhooooo
08-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Thank you so much!!! Installing a brand new fresh copy of HEM1 onto my other hard drive immediately fixed the issue!! The error message is GONE!!

I appreciate the quick and prompt help with my issue. You guys absolutely ROCK!!! Hope you guys have an amazing day/night where ever you are!! Take care. :D

sideshow
08-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Hi,

Thank you for informing us that the problem was resolved, If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Thanks
Holdem Manager Support