PDA

View Full Version : Can you please consider reverting back to the 1.05.09 HUD format?

agc1976
07-18-2008, 09:43 AM
I have a decent computer running Windows XP with 2GB of RAM and 1.06 HUD creates an incredible lag on the poker client (all poker clients). I'm sure a lot of people share the same problem. On 1.05.09 the poker client was smooth, with no noticeable performance drop at all, but 1.06 makes me go on tilt.

I suppose this lag may be related with the use of a big panel that covers the whole table, as opposed to the old individual panels.

Please vote on the poll so that we can give the development team a good perspective on whether or not they should consider reverting back to the old HUD format.

As of now, I'm using the old HUD because the new one makes it almost impossible for me to play because of the lag issues.

Pasinger
07-18-2008, 10:30 AM
1.06.01 (EXE from 07/14/08) works very very well for me.
Sites: Everest, Absolute
4-6 tabling NL
HUD with 3 panels
System: XP with SP3, 2 GB, ATI-Graphic, PostgreSQL 8.3.3,
removed all Pokertracker crap

smf
07-18-2008, 11:07 AM
I had some of the problems you described with earlier betas of 1.6.01, but I have had no performance issues with the latest one.

Aside from the odd black overlay and small drawing mistakes it works fine for me now... I'm sure mike is working hard on making the new method work, I don't see any reason to go back atm.

morny
07-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Sorry to hear your having problems, i know Roy is getting involved with a BETA group who are having problems so he can do extensive testing so he can solve this problem that a small few seem to be having but the majority of people have noticed alot of improvements from 1.05.09 to 1.06.01b and because they made so many big enhancements it enevitably will cause some bugs but when theyre all ironed out it will be worth the wait although i can understand this is little comfort when your currently experiencing the problems.

Roy had been testing the 1.06 successfully with a beta group before releasing to avoid these problems but the BETA group didnt have these problems and it didnt become apparent until the official release when a few people started experiencing problems so if you are having problems its in your interest to join the BETA group so you can help identify the issues to be fixed aswell as the fact youll be first to test when fixes do become available. Email Roy if your interested

MewsicLovr
07-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I too have this problem. The HUD version says 1.6.1b. Relevant machine specs:

Radeon x800 ATI vid card
2gb ram
2.2ghz AMD cpu

A friend of mine has also said the latest HUD release was laggy for him too and he's rolled back to the previous version (1.05.09 I suppose) which works great for him. I'll probably be doing the same until a fix is found.

DarkMagus
07-19-2008, 12:24 PM
I have found that setting opacity to 100% eliminates the lag problem.