PDA

View Full Version : Purge hands - really they will be in HUD after purge?

Roma
08-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Helllo there, iam now buying mining and has a really big DB, that eat a lot of my hdd space, its about 10 million hands, and vacuum - reindex operation doesnt make any sence.

So iam think about purge all hands, coz iam really dont work with them in HM, just only need stats in HUD.
Iam talk about PS ZOOM now.

So, my question is - if i will start the purge process and will purge all hands in my DB, did its hads still be in HUD stats for real?

And iam think i need do a vacuum full - reindex after purge operation, yes? And its will reclame some hdd space for me? For real?

Coz iam really afraid of that case when i will do it, and then go to play and dont see any stats in my HUD LOL, and will need import that tons of hands again ^_^

Thank u.

Patvs
08-05-2012, 09:58 PM
There are two types of purges (delete)

-options--> settings--> purge hands (will delete handhistory, hand from graph, $Won from sessions, etc. everything, so hand won't be used anymore for stats)
-options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands--> will delete the handhistory and therefore the ability to replay the hand, but the hand will still be used for the graph, $Won from sessions and for the HUD.

If you vacuum/analyse/reindex the database after the purge... the amount of diskspace you will re-claim back will be minimal. Maybe only 10% of the database size.

Roma
08-06-2012, 10:23 AM
There are two types of purges (delete)

-options--> settings--> purge hands (will delete handhistory, hand from graph, $Won from sessions, etc. everything, so hand won't be used anymore for stats)
-options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands--> will delete the handhistory and therefore the ability to replay the hand, but the hand will still be used for the graph, $Won from sessions and for the HUD.

WOW! Big thanks for this! Iam didnt know here is 2 ways, omg i can did a HUGE mistake :)) Cool that i will wait for ur answer, thank u, Patvs!

elgraby
08-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi, i am trying to purge observed hands in HM1 and i cant, they say that xxxx hands will be purged, i put OK, then said that the hands had been purged succesfully, then i make a vacuum, a reindex, but the hands still appearing in the HM.

Patvs
08-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Are you using: -options--> settings--> purge hands or
-options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands-->

Try creating a new database, options--> settings--> observed HH Configuration--> change it to "do not insert observed handhistories" -->SAVE

Then reimport your hands.

elgraby
08-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi, it doesnt work at all

I installed a new version of here http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_09Aug2012.exe

The last version, i installed it on a new pc, i put options --> settings --> observed HH Configuration --> select "import only hands of more than 10bbs" but HM continue importing all the hands,

I selected NO LIMIT -- 10bbbs --- uncheck SAW FLOP --- uncheck SAW SHOWDOWN (because i want to import hands of more than 10bbs that dont saw flop)

Then, i try to purge, i select to purge <10bbs hands, HM says will purge 17000hands, ok, sucessful purge, i close HM, open pgadmin, made a full vacuum , restart hm, and the hands still here anyway.

Patvs
08-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

elgraby
08-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

8.4, the hm installed and configure it, i made a fresh install

Patvs
08-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Use: -options--> settings--> purge hands
to purge the hands

elgraby
08-26-2012, 08:26 AM
bu t i want to conserve the stats :(

Patvs
08-26-2012, 07:58 PM
-options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands--> serves no purpose.
This option doesn't exist anymore for this reason in HM2.

It was designed to delete the ability to replay the hand.
But the hands.index is now such a small part of the database, you don't really gain any diskspace by purging the hands this way.
You only risk, corrupting the database. So I'd recommend just NOT purge any hands, if you want to keep stats based on these (observed) hands.