PDA

View Full Version : Database disappeared, help plz.

mntbikr15
04-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Was in the middle of a session and bumped the power button on my surge box. HEM, VIPstats and a few poker sites were running when this happened.

Restarted the computer and it went through some 3 step recovery process in which it looked like it was deleting a lot of stuff. Now it appears all but the past month or two of my database are gone and the HUD no longer works (although my HUD settings appear to still be there).

Any ideas where this all went? Ive shut it down by mistake before and nothing like this ever happened.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Evan

morny
04-24-2010, 12:30 AM
This is often the cause of a corrupt database but it would be very very unusual for it delete anything in the database, are you sure your filters are correct?

can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and try importing some hands into that and also try the hud then just to verify the cause isnt the old database being corrupted

mntbikr15
04-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Sorry for the slow reply. Was away for the weekend.

I def didnt change any settings on the HUD, it simply didnt work after I rebooted.

I am importing a bunch of hands to a new DB right now. Will try the hud soon.

Is it fixable if the old DB is corrupted?

Thanks

mntbikr15
04-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Ok, imported 100k hands into a new DB, HUD still not coming up.

Whats the next step to try?

morny
04-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi,

Please email me and we can do a teamviewer session, just download teamviewer from TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet (http://www.teamviewer.com) and let me know a suitable time GMT in advance. Teamviewer allows me to access your computer to fix the problem.

When we agree a suitable time you just need to send me the ID and password that Teamviewer creates to get access to your PC

Thanks
Morny
support@holdemmanager.com

mntbikr15
04-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Morny,

A friend of mine looked at it and I think squared me all away.

Thanks,
Evan