PDA

View Full Version : Scoring can not be saved - This is so bad really

camelino
04-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Update = new problem (or more)

I can not save my scoring sheet all of a sudden.

I build it, save it and use it BUT when I restart HEM it is gone.

repeat

I build it, save it and use it BUT AGAIN it is gone after restart.

GREAT. So am I expected to build my scoring sheet every session, or maybe never turn off my computer?

I am under the impression that all you do is invent new unnecessary features (Holdem Vision?, InstaScan) to get more money but the quality of the main product is neglected.

After every release, something else is not working and things that would be necessary (currencies that change every day, just like they do in the real world) are on hold or will never be done.

Of course we are all stuck with your product until someone professional builds a working alternative.

ScannerSupport
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I can't repdroduce the problem at a first glance.
Can you check the following please:
1) Create a random scoring profile
2) Open the windows explorer and go to your HoldemManager installation directory (c:\program files\rvgsoftware\holdemmanager\Fishfinder\Scoring ).
3) Save the scoring profile (e.g. "testscoring".
Use a..z and A...Z to save your scoring.
Do not include any blanks or special character in the scoring name.
A new file should appear in the folder from step 2) ("testscoring.spf")
Does it?

If "Yes", then I suppose some of the more complex rules that you try to set can not be saved properly.
What kind of rules do you try to set?

What operating system do you use?
- You have to run HoldemManager as admin in windows Vista / 7.
Otherwise the scanner is not allowed to save it's settings, profiles etc. to disk.

Holdem Vision has nothing to do with the scanner.
It's a different project that a different team of developers is working on.

InstaScan was part of the scanner since the early beginning (8 months ago).
Due to our work on the classic scanner it could be used the last 7 months for free (we put InstaScan on hold)...
I am sorry for the trouble caused to you.
We give our best every day to improve the product steadily.
I understand that you're unhappy about bugs,
so are we.
But it's a complex product and where ever you try to change and improve things new probems may arise.
We give our best to avoid that,
and we don't let you alone with it.

camelino
04-24-2010, 04:10 AM
I have altered an existing profile now and it has worked even after one restart. So I will not tilt myself any further by finding out what was (is) the problem. You can rule out the complexity of rules though, because I use only 5 simple rules.

You have the best product on the market only because others are even worse. I would like to see less features and more flawless working of all basic functions.

Also maybe less pokerrooms and more flawless working of PS and FTP functions. You should furthermore try to set a goal of releasing ONE bugfree release version.

ScannerSupport
04-24-2010, 04:45 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

We will try to get better in these areas.