PDA

View Full Version : Minimized HEM, won't reappear

thisisgeorge
04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi,

When I minimize my Holdem Manager it acts like it just closes the program, but when I try to open it again, it says "Holdem Manager is already running". I restart computer, can start the program again, but after I minimize/reopen once or twice, same problem happens again. I haven't really tested it, but I believe it is still running/importing if I'm playing poker when this happens.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

_Loki_
04-23-2010, 12:07 AM
You say that when you minimise HM "it acts like it just closes the program"...

Please explain what you mean - for example:

Do you mean when you minimise HM the HM icon disappears from the task bar ?
What happens when you minimise HM & you Alt+Tab can't you bring up HM that way ?
The HM window icon can look just like an open table icon in the taskbar

thisisgeorge
04-23-2010, 12:13 AM
I've tried opening it from the task bar, explorer, the desktop, start menu, etc...not matter what I do it simply says "Holdem Manager is already running". It doesn't show up when I Alt/Tab either. I've tried everything, and nothing seems to work. This is only when I've already started the program and minimized it.

_Loki_
04-23-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm puzzled

I'm wondering if this is a permissions thing - it's running but not for you as the user of it
I reckon I'm wrong, but no harm to try this ...

Vista or win7 - Give Holdem Manager Admin Privileges
1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator". If this option is grayed out its because youve UAC disabled, enable UAC, reboot, then do step 3 and you can then turn UAC back off again if you wish.
4) Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

If that doesn't work - wait for a proper support guy to reply :)

thisisgeorge
04-23-2010, 01:21 AM
I'd already tried your first two suggestion, to no avail. When I ran DBcontrolpanel as an administrator it opened right up, and but when I clicked the button on the window that said "start holdem manager" the same "holdem manager is already running" message popped up.

This has me extremely confused as to how it would be running but not able to open. I supposed if I can't find a solution I'll have to restart and just remember never to minimize, and hopefully it will stay open.
Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

_Loki_
04-23-2010, 02:44 AM
I really don't understand how it can't show up in alt+tab & taskbar
I don't understand some of your post - perhaps you should look & see what processes are running on your pc - open process manager before you launch any progs

do your other open progs show up in alt+tab ? this is very strange
Almost as strange & weird as my 2nd wife was :)

thisisgeorge
04-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Spoke to someone official...they found the solution :)

Options --> Miscellaneous Options --> Minimize to Task tray

Thanks for your help Loki