PDA

View Full Version : HM works for 2 minutes and then error

tryskull
04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Hi all,
First off I have windows vista and I have disabled Windows firewall and all uac is off (the only program i have running ad muncher but idk if this is the problem, however when i do turn ad muncher of HM does start up and works fine for 5 minutes but then after- The following error occured when trying to open the database unable to read the data for transport connection etc... ) and HM still doesn't work. I went to Hm>properties and changed HM/Db control and changed it so I can have full control of the programs and that doesn't work. I believe it has something to do with postgres but I am not sure. I have tried re-installing postgres/HM and still no solution.
I've spent over 5 hours stressing on how to fix this and looking through posts but i just cant seem to get it which is why i decided to post. thx guys!

Patvs
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Although Windows Firewall is disabled, still ADD port 5432, postgres.exe to it as exceptions.

You problem is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot

Add exceptions to the windows firewall.

If that doesn't help you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely.
I would suggest installing a different version of SQL on a different port.
For example SQL 8.3.10 on port 5433 and connect to that.