PDA

View Full Version : HEM is super slow after reinstalling and importing hands from old db

fsnzr
04-22-2010, 09:33 AM
So recently i re-installed my OS. I saved all the HH's so i wouldn't lose them in the process. Installed HEM after installing windows and imported the hands (~200k). Now whenever i start playing and click auto import, hem freezes and makes PS freeze too. Not completely freeze but they both work super slow and makes me timeout hands etc. Anyway, HUD doesn't pop up by itself so i need to go table manager -> table finder to set it manually. After i do this (takes a few min with hem working so slow) it starts working a bit faster but is still very slow, barely playable. FWIW i 4-table and play on stars. I re-installed hem already once and it didn't help and before that i tried also playing on ft and had the same problem so i figured the problem must be with hem. Old handhistories i imported had both, PS hands and FT hands. Any idea what could cause this?

morny
04-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and ill take a look at your setup

When you reimported the hands did you use Import from File/Folder or Auto import to import the bulk hands

fsnzr
04-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and ill take a look at your setup

When you reimported the hands did you use Import from File/Folder or Auto import to import the bulk hands

config file attached. I just realized that i backuped my config folder too, so my problem could be there then? I'm not sure but i might have been an idiot and clicked overwrite when i replaced the new config folder with the old one.
Though i tried importing into an empty database yesterday and didn't have problems...

I used import folders when reimporting the hands.

Thanks!

netsrak
04-23-2010, 05:13 AM
The auto-import configuration looks fine for me but please make sure that the handhistory folders don't contain any older files. This could cause performance problems because the auto-import has to read and archive them at the first start.

fsnzr
04-23-2010, 09:28 AM
I checked and there's nothing there.

fsnzr
04-23-2010, 09:44 AM
I just gave it another try, started hem and opened up a table and the same thing obviously happened. Well, i closed the table and left auto import running backround. I let it run for like 10mins and opened a table again and now it seemed to work well. Hud still didn't pop-up by itself, at least for the first three hands but it was fine after i set it manually. So could hem be reading some other files rather than the ones in auto import folder at first start or something? I'll give that another try later after a reboot and report here

edit: ok, tried it again and it seemed to work fine. I can live with having to let it run for a while before opening tables but it's still a bit annoying so I would appreciate any further thoughts.

morny
04-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Id say it was a file stuck in a subfolder or something that you didnt spot, if it happens again we can arrange a teamviewer session and should be able to fix it

fsnzr
04-24-2010, 01:08 AM
Ok. I'll report if I experience any more problems.
Thanks for your replies guys, you're the best!