PDA

View Full Version : Optimization for new players/alias

Azalin
04-22-2010, 09:04 AM
When I run HEM (1.10.06, postgresql 8.4.3) on my new database just after the first import I was given a choice to add players/alias for optimization. The problem is that I have not imported hands that I had played yet (it was a new database and I am importing old datamined hands first) so my player name does not exist/was not found.

Is there a way to run the optimization AFTER I have imported hands that I played myself and created a new alias for me?

In short, how can I run the optimization again??

fozzy71
04-22-2010, 10:49 AM
It should automatically optimize for any imported hero hands the next time you restart it. There will be a small grey popup window while it optimizes the hero(s) with known hole cards.

Azalin
04-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Hero names? You mean that it will optimize for any names that I add through Hud Options=>Hero Names? If not then can you clarify?

When it run for the first time I had not created any alias with my names.

In short how can I run the optimization for NEW players/alias?

morny
04-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Optimisation is done automatically everytime you import hero hands for the first time, from that point on it automatically optimises new hands it will only show the optimise message on startup if you import new hands for a new hero.

So in short youve nothing to worry about, it will completely look after optimising hero hands without you having to do anything

Azalin
04-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Oh I get it now. What if I wanted to optimize players other than me in order to be able to study their play better (I have a huge dtabase FWIW).

Is there a way to do that?

morny
04-24-2010, 02:57 PM
HM only optimises players who show their cards preflop as this is how HM identifies them as Hero, youll never know the hands of a player preflop unless you played the hand.

So you cant force it without manually editing the SQL code which would require some SQL knowledge. It wouldnt be a good idea anyway, optimisation works by copying all your hands to a table, this is very small in comparrison to the table that holds everyones details, so it speeds it up by just searching your hands which is a small table, if you go adding a bunch of players to the hero table it will speed up the retrieval of their stats but slow down your stats retrieval rate so it might not be a great idea