PDA

View Full Version : Error when trying to purge hands

Dawidas888
04-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Hello,

I've just imported hands that I bought and I wanted to purge them to elave only stats, but I got this error (few times before it didn't happen).

Added screen.

Dawidas888 :)

fozzy71
04-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Do you perform regular maintenance to your DB?

You can try doing a Reindex from the PGAdmin > Maintenance menu. If you still get the same error I would suggest you try creating a new DB.

*Try creating a new UTF DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands)
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstalling on a new PC - Backup Tips (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips)

Regarding DB maintenance:

1 - Close HM and Open PGAdmin

2 - connect to postgresql server and then to the DB. Password is postgrespass in case you ever need it.

3 - Right-Click > Maintenance on the DB.

4 - Vacuum, Analyze > OK

Wait for it to finish and change the greyed out OK button to a Done button.

Do that ever 10 -30k hands.

Every 50 - 100k hands, after finishing the steps above:

A - Right-Click > Maintenance on the DB.

B - Reindex > OK

Wait for it to finish and change the greyed out OK button to a Done button.

Next we need to Stop the PostgreSQL service so the Defragmenter can Defrag the Database.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8,4 > Stop Server

Open Smart Defrag > Select both drive letter checkboxes > Analyze

Pick suggested Defrag process > Start Defrag

After Smart Defrag finishes you should restart your computer.

If you need to use HM before you restart your PC, then you need to Start Server.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8,4 > Start Server

Dawidas888
04-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Thank you for your reply. I have some more questions.

Do any of these steps remove stats that I get? I bought 1kk hh and imported them and than purged the hands, so the stats leave for me, but place is empty. They won't ever be deleted (stats)?

If stats leave, does this slowdown my database?

Does creating new databases affect the speed of hem?

Thanks,
Dawidas888

morny
04-22-2010, 09:00 PM
After creating a new database youll need to reimport all the original hands as it will be completely empty. The old one is corrupt so you need to do this.

With a new database you should notice an increase in speeds