PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Config from HEMbackup causes error when opening tourney/filter/edit window

J0FF4
08-05-2012, 04:40 AM
About three weeks ago i did a clean install of windows 7 x64 on my vpcf12s1e notebook. I do this once in a while to have a fresh system. I also imported custom HUD config file (i had exported this from player settings windows as xml file before the clean install)

After reimporting HHs from backup folder into PostgreSQL 8.4 i started to get this bug: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/267102-version-1-12-10b-stats-vp-ip-pfr-unreal.html#post1357282

Then i had to drop the DB and reimport again :( The bug got fixed now. I did standard vacuum of DB and a reindex, this is when my next and current problem started.

Whenever i try to open Tourney/Filters/Edit window i get this error message:

I then proceeded to run the framework cleanup tool just in case, reinstalled framework 4 and all updates. No luck. Then i made a backup of everything with HM Backup tool.
Uninstalled holdem manager, reinstalled and updated to latest internal build that fixed previous bug.

Edit window now opens and problem is fixed.

But i need my custom HUD so i run HM backup and select restore and uncheck everything except Config.
My HUD is imported and settings too, but now Tourney/Filters/Edit windows is crashing again.

P.S. i have all the firewall/antivirus exceptions in place

fozzy71
08-05-2012, 07:16 PM
It sounds like your HUD config might be damaged/corrupted. Do you have any older backup files you can use to import it from or perhaps an old prefs.xml you can use to replace your current prefs.xml with? prefs.xml will contain all of your HUD layouts and settings instead of just one custom HUD.

If none of that is possible you will likely need to recreate your HUD from scratch. If you want a second opinion before you spend the time trying to recreate it please send us your customhud.xml and your prefs.xml files both. Please zip and email the files, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com