PDA

View Full Version : HUD meanings

wuwenjie
04-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Is there a site that tells you what the numbers mean in the HUD?

For EX:

Position EP/MP (Early Position)/(Mid Position) CO/BTN
Pot Call/Raise Call/Raise
Unopened: 100/0% (1) 40/0% (5)
Limper(s) - 33/0% (3)

What's in the parenthesis? And.. could someone just summarize this please?

morny
04-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Heres stats definitions
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Stat Definitions (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/95/Stat+Definitions)
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Stats Definition for Report TAB (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/388/Stats+Definition+for+Report+TAB)

The numbers in brackets is the sample size, if the sample size is less than 100 its shown in brackets

Can you post a screenshot of where you got those from its a bit hard to read in that format without the spacing

wuwenjie
04-20-2010, 09:27 PM
ah, sorry, i thought i was spacing them in the previous post.

the (1) in the first ss.

and could you possibly explain the preflop 14..steal of 33 and 3bet of 0 means?

netsrak
04-21-2010, 04:51 AM
The (1) is the number of occurencies for the stat.

PFR 14 - its the preflop raise percentage as explained in the FAQs morny posted
Steal 33 - Steal percentage - see FAQ
3 Bet 0 - 3 Bet percentage - see FAQ

wuwenjie
04-21-2010, 02:37 PM
okay, i understand what the actual letters mean, but what do the percents mean?

does it mean that they.. preflop raise 8% of the time?

and fold to 4 bet 0% of the time when i only have one sample?

i'm confused in how you have a 0 percent with a number in the sample

_Loki_
04-21-2010, 07:47 PM
The (1) is the number of occurencies for the stat.
You don't need 100 samples to figure out a %. So in the 'fold to 4 bet' stat you mentioned they either

DID fold to 4 bet: = 0/1 = 0%

or..

DIID'NT fold to 4 bet: = 1/1 = 100%
###############

if there had been 4 samples of the stat & 3 times DID fold to 4 bet: = 3/4 = 75%

wuwenjie
04-21-2010, 07:56 PM
so raised 1st in this case would be Raised 1st 0/1? [0% (1)] I had a lot of sample hands from him, not only one.

and.. something that's not on that subject, does 'raised 1st' take priority over 3bet? I've seen the percent change in 'raised 1st' but not '3bet' when people raised 1st, but when someone 3bets.

sorry for all the questions.

_Loki_
04-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't mind the questions, but I can't guarantee an answer because I am still using training wheels. If I don't know I will say so...

netsrak is more accurate than me. forget 'samples'

Suppose you have 1,000 hands on a villain & he had 600 opportunities to do an action, but he actually did the action 12 times then his stat would be 12/600 = 2% of the times when he was in the situation the action describes

This can then be subdivided down to analysing what happened in say ep
You would still have 1,000 hands on the villain, but you might now only have 100 opportunities & he only acted 1 time = 1%

##############
your second question - I will have to think about that
tell me what you think - what's a possible explanation ?

wuwenjie
04-21-2010, 09:09 PM
so... for 3 betting, he's had 25 opportunities to do it and 17% of the time in SB he's taken up that opportunity to 3bet it?

i have no idea for the 2nd question. Maybe when I was looking at it, he wasn't 3betting but was 4betting it.. meaning if it's .1/.25 blinds then he raised 1 dollar instead of 75 cents.

also, are you able to see your HUD for yourself? cause on my table, i only see my villains.

_Loki_
04-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Do this for the particular HUD configuration where you don't get a hero HUD

HUD Options > tables preferences > 'Appearance' tab > UNCHECK 'Disable hero in HUD' > apply > OK

I think you're right as far as you've gone, but I need thinking time
you could do some work...

create a db & import say 10 hands & analyse how the stats are built by going through every action - it's fun HONEST :)