PDA

View Full Version : Another import problem

lotuseffect
10-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Hello

My auto import is very "fragile". Often it will just freeze and no more hands will be imported unless I close the software and reopen it. When it's frozen, if I click Stop auto import, "Stopping" will appear but nothing else happens and the Import Tab remains frozen. The other tabs always remain usable though.

Cases where my auto import function freezes:

When I click Run report under the Players tab
When I change my HUD options
Probably everytime I just do something in the prog...
After a few minutes of normal use (that is, not changing anything but just playing and using the HUD on my tables)

I play on Pokerstars. I use Hold'em Manager 1.06.04 beta 8 and I'm on Win XP.

Thank You

edit: Sry wrong section.

morny
10-07-2008, 01:54 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe Can you try this beta, then do a vacuum http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=163 and see if its still hapenning

lotuseffect
10-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Thank you for your answer, however I'm still having issues.

I downloaded the new version as you told me. Then I desinstalled Hold'em manager completely and reinstalled it to ensure a clean and fresh update. I then installed the beta 10 and performed a vacuum as you asked. At first I was impressed as I could edit my HUD while playing. I was amazed as the auto-import actually seemed stable! But I decided to keep testing. I'm glad I did because later the auto-import finally crashed. As mentionned in my first post, the program remains usable but it's no longer importing hands unless I shut it down and reopen it.

So a friend of mine suggested I desinstall Hold'em manager AND Progresql which I did. But now the auto-import still ends up failing after a few minutes of normal use.

Thank you in advance

Dr Octagon77
10-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Hi,

I installed HEM and have been using it on FT and absolute. Everything has been working. All of a sudden it won't import my absolute hands. My HUD is still running. Not updating hands, but the pop up is showing above the players. Can you tell me what the problem might be?

Thanks

morny
10-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Thank you for your answer, however I'm still having issues.

I downloaded the new version as you told me. Then I desinstalled Hold'em manager completely and reinstalled it to ensure a clean and fresh update. I then installed the beta 10 and performed a vacuum as you asked. At first I was impressed as I could edit my HUD while playing. I was amazed as the auto-import actually seemed stable! But I decided to keep testing. I'm glad I did because later the auto-import finally crashed. As mentionned in my first post, the program remains usable but it's no longer importing hands unless I shut it down and reopen it.

So a friend of mine suggested I desinstall Hold'em manager AND Progresql which I did. But now the auto-import still ends up failing after a few minutes of normal use.

Thank you in advance

Could be a physical memory issue, some experinced a similar thing recently and it turned out to be that even though no other programs experienced this problem: Follow the directions and run mtinst.exe from http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Hi,

I installed HEM and have been using it on FT and absolute. Everything has been working. All of a sudden it won't import my absolute hands. My HUD is still running. Not updating hands, but the pop up is showing above the players. Can you tell me what the problem might be?

Thanks

Please post a new thread and attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder

lotuseffect
10-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Thank you for the suggestion.

So I ran the memory tester as directed by the Microsoft website and the prog reported no error after one test pass. Thus far, the problem doesn't seem to come from my RAM...

Any other idea?

Thank you

morny
10-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi,

Next time it happens can you right down the exact time on your PC clock. Then email me morny@holdemmanager.net and ill look through your event logs and see if its indicating whats freezing