PDA

View Full Version : Completely baffled

SheckyS
04-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Just downloaded and installed a trial of Hold'em manager, and I have spent a good half an hour or so watching videos and doing searches and I am stumped.

The hands window seems like a really great source of information to help me plug leaks in my game. But the problem is, I can't find anything that explains any of it.

Why are some rows red and some green? What are these columns in between Cards, (BLANK), Flop, (BLANK), Turn, (BLANK), River, (BLANK)? What do the letters in the columns mean?

What the heck is bbs?
What does the ACTION column mean?

A screen of information like this needs some tooltips or some kind of assistance so that it makes some semblance of sense. Why do I have to go searching for basic information like this?

mrhobbeys
04-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Deucescracked can help you out with a lot of that. I would say join a poker site like DC or start reading the very extensive FAQ found on this site.

a.k.a.Also
04-19-2010, 12:09 AM
I guess, rightly or wrongly, a certain degree of poker knowledge is assumed for folks using this type of software. Without it then it's just going to be a bunch of information that it will be difficult to derive any benefit from.

All the details you query are just the way of describing all that happened during the hand.

Try doubleclicking one of the hands that you want to find out about, and replay it one step at a time in the replayer and relate it back to the information in the grid. So for example see XC means check/call.

Action is either Pre flop raise, or voluntarily put chips in pot.

fozzy71
04-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Why are some rows red and some green?

Green = won bb's and red = lost bb's.

What are these columns in between Cards, (BLANK), Flop, (BLANK), Turn, (BLANK), River, (BLANK)?

Those are the 'Actions by Street' columns.

What do the letters in the columns mean?

X = check
C = call
F = fold
R = raise
B = bet

What the heck is bbs?

bb = big blinds (usually used in No Limit)
BB = Big Bets (more common in Limit, i.e. 1BB = 1ptbb or 1BB = 2bb)

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Stat Definitions (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/95/Stat+Definitions)

What does the ACTION column mean?

VPIP = hands you played, where you called/checked
PFR = hands you played, where you raised, 3bet, 4bet, etc

If you select one hand and replay it step by step through the replayer while looking at the various action columns, they should become more clear.

A screen of information like this needs some tooltips or some kind of assistance so that it makes some semblance of sense. Why do I have to go searching for basic information like this?

We are working behind the scenes to add some tool tips and links to the respective FAQs, but it will take some time to implement. We are also adding new videos to our FAQs each month. Feel free to comment on the recent blog post about the new videos and hopefully he can work a video for the Hands tab into the mix sometime soon.

Holdem Manager Videopalooza | The Official Blog For The Hold'Em Manager Community (http://blogs.holdemmanager.com/holdem-manager-videopalooza/)

Tip of the Month 3 | The Official Blog For The Hold'Em Manager Community (http://blogs.holdemmanager.com/tip-of-the-month-3/)