PDA

View Full Version : Postgres 25% CPU?

El Helado
04-18-2010, 02:42 PM
I got a quadcore Q9550 and i look at the performance and postgres takes up 25% CPU and stays around that.

Is that normal? Btw, there should be a way to clear files in autoimport-folders. Would be awesome if you press "move all existing files" into the archived folders at a new map called "manually moved autoimportfolder-hands" or something like that. I think my autoimport scans thru 115 files that has already been imported but is still there.

fozzy71
04-18-2010, 05:43 PM
It sounds as if you have improperly configured your archive folder and created a loop. You want the archive to not be anywhere near the same path as an auto import folder.

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

If you continue to have problems, please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

El Helado
05-17-2010, 02:14 PM
It sounds as if you have improperly configured your archive folder and created a loop. You want the archive to not be anywhere near the same path as an auto import folder.

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

If you continue to have problems, please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

Hey Fozzy. This i doublechecked my list and went thru each location but there is not a loop. Tried to see if the CPU% went down when I exited the tablemanager+hud but the CPU% remained the same. Anyways, I dont experience it laggy without the HUD (even if the CPU is the same) so I guess my lagproblem has to do with the HUD and I should focus on that.

Its very strange btw :).

morny
05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
What site do you play on, have you located these 115 files, its quite unusual that there is that many, normally HM moves them within 15-20 of you stopping playing (assuming auto import was left on) Are they still there now? If so track down those files and move them to the archive folder and do a manual import of them if there not already imported and then it should help the issue

El Helado
05-17-2010, 08:33 PM
What site do you play on, have you located these 115 files, its quite unusual that there is that many, normally HM moves them within 15-20 of you stopping playing (assuming auto import was left on) Are they still there now? If so track down those files and move them to the archive folder and do a manual import of them if there not already imported and then it should help the issue

I play on all sites (we have been talking via mail on tiltdemon btw, so you know :)) but I find the lagg mainly on PartyPoker but I am experiencing it lightly on other sites as well.

I did clean up a few locations so now I dont have that many files to go thru. But the lag-problem still exists in a very high degree.

netsrak
05-18-2010, 03:59 AM
Please try to maintain your database: do a vacuum/full and reindex via pgadminII->maintenance.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Performance & Speed Tweaks (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/373/Holdem+Manager+Performance+%26+Speed+Tweaks)