PDA

View Full Version : New computer

LeBronas
04-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Hello,

I have bought a new computer for poker. I exported hands from old computer and transfered them to the new one, but there are some huge problems now:
1. Computer is working very slowly. I opened windows task manager and there is a process named HMImport.exe. that uses about 50% of computer resourses. What could I do here?
2. HM is going crazy. Stats show up not after one hand played but usually after 3 or 4. HUD shows wrong amount of money I win/lose. And when I press auto import there is written "x of large files have been imported..."

I think those problems are connected. Can you help me, guys?

bpran
04-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Hello,

I have bought a new computer for poker. I exported hands from old computer and transfered them to the new one, but there are some huge problems now:
1. Computer is working very slowly. I opened windows task manager and there is a process named HMImport.exe. that uses about 50% of computer resourses. What could I do here?
2. HM is going crazy. Stats show up not after one hand played but usually after 3 or 4. HUD shows wrong amount of money I win/lose. And when I press auto import there is written "x of large files have been imported..."

I think you should start by telling the HM guys these:
1. What is your processor?
2. What OS are you using?
3. What is your hard drive size?
4. You said "Computer is working very slowly", you mean, slow in importing or slow in general?

LeBronas
04-18-2010, 10:49 AM
1 and 3 - I don't know the numbers, but they are definatelly good enough.
2. Windows vista.
3. Both hm and computer are working slowly...

morny
04-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Sounds like your import folders may have setup a loop or are trying to import a large amount of hands, did you put the exported hands into one of the auto import folders, this is not a good thing, auto import should only be used for importing live hands played, import from file and import from folder should be used to import large amounts of hands

Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and ill take a look and see if theres anything obvious

fozzy71
04-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Hello,

It sounds like you improperly configured the archive folder causing it to keep trying to import old hands.

Move the files in the handhistory folder to your \hmarchive folder and import them via import file or import from folder.

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

LeBronas
04-19-2010, 05:45 AM
Sounds like your import folders may have setup a loop or are trying to import a large amount of hands, did you put the exported hands into one of the auto import folders, this is not a good thing, auto import should only be used for importing live hands played, import from file and import from folder should be used to import large amounts of hands

Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and ill take a look and see if theres anything obvious
Yes, I put exported hands into auto import folder, but there are no hands anymore.. What should I do?

And here is the file you asked for.

netsrak
04-19-2010, 06:43 AM
When your auto-import folder is empty now everything should work fine.

The imported files are automatically moved to the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive).

For importing old hands you should use the import file or import from folder function and don't copy this hands into the handhistory folders covered by the auto-import.