PDA

View Full Version : HUD stat for % see flop?

Arizona Willie
04-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Is there a HUD stat for how often a person sees the flop?

The only thing I find is VP which is close but people can see the flop from the BB without voluntarily putting money in the pot so a true stat for how often they see the flop would be a bit different than their VP stat.

Spec
04-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Please ignore (or deleted if possible) this thread. After 10 tries I realized that I was associating to Hands stats but in a different scenario. Really dumb.

Now it's obviously working well.

Sorry about spoiling the forum.

Spec

Spec
04-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Upps, definitely not my best day. Posted above reply in wrong thread. Please delete if possible.

morny
04-17-2010, 07:44 PM
lol Spec ya messer:D

Yeah there isnt a stat for that, VPIP is how often they put money in preflop but they could VPIP and still fold preflop, theres also won when saw flop but not saw flop im afraid but VPIP is pretty close

Arizona Willie
04-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah they track how often a player wins when they see the flop so they obviously have a stat for how often the player sees the flop but they didn't make it available as a plain stat itself.

Strange that they left that out.

morny
04-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Well its not a stat we use as such, for won when saw flop its just a query ran on the database so it would be possible to run the query saw flop but its too similar to VPIP imo.

What would you use the stat for, VPIP is widely used as a gauge to see how often people are seeing flops or how loose they are, unless its giving extra value to users that VPIP hasnt people are usually not to eager to change most notably because theres tons of guides/articles that categorize players based on their VPIP. If there is another use for this stat that im missing feel free to add it to the stats suggestions part of the forum though as thats the best place to get peoples opinions on a new stat and thats just my opinion

a.k.a.Also
04-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Interesting!
This got me to thinking how about how often they VPIP and dont see a flop?
Off to investigate limp folders :)

Arizona Willie
04-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Well on a 6 max table a player has the opportunity from the BB to see the flop 1 out of 6 times without voluntarily putting money in. So there is the < remote > possibility of the VP stat being 16% off if everyone was limping and folding and no one raises as it comes around. Granted that % would not be that high because they would't limp around all the time, but there sure would be a small percentage of error just from the BB position alone.

Also, a person could limp and then someone raises so they fold before seeing the pot. That would throw VP off also because they voluntarily put money in but did not see the flop. That probably happens fairly often.

Sure it could be said I'm quibbling over a few percentage points but if it doesn't matter, why dont' they use VP in stead of % saw flop figuring other stats? For instance they have a stat for the % of times a person won when they saw the flop ... if VP is good enough why not use that?

Hmmm, I wonder if it's possible to do a report on say ... all the hands I played last year and compare the actual % saw flop to VPIP and see if they differ and by how much. Hmmmm :)

morny
04-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah, the problem is players with VPIP of 20 or less are rarely going to be vpip'ing and not seeing a flop, for players of 20-40 vpip we can see from their PFR to VPIP ratio how often they are trying to see a cheap flop i.e someone with 35/20 is probably limp calling alot but someone with 35/30 isnt, with players in excess of of 40+ vpip its pretty much the same but a few % here or there wont make much difference.

Im not saying the stat wouldnt be useful but the difference would likely be insignificant between that and VPIP for the reasons i mentioned above

Arizona Willie
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Out of curiousity I was looking in the stats available for reports on cash games and in the preflop section there is a stat for < limp fold pot > . That's how it's listed. When you add it to a report it shows up as < limp fold >.

And, according to that stat in a report ran on all the hands I played last year it says that when I limped preflop I folded 34.8% of the time. Notice nowhere did I say I was a good player :)

But, that would seem to put my VPIP off from my % saw flop by at least 34.8%. So while my VPIP% was 21.6 my saw flop % would be appox 14% -- that's a pretty big difference.

For the year my VPIP% = 21.6 and my PFR% was 10.3%.

It may be that I limp and fold much more than others, I dunno. But anyone can add that stat to their reports and run it on their yearly total to compare how their stat compares to a losing player :(

You'd think with the VP / PFR I'd be a better player but I actually lost $181 last year according to HM.

a.k.a.Also
04-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Out of curiousity I was looking in the stats available for reports on cash games and in the preflop section there is a stat for < limp fold pot > . That's how it's listed. When you add it to a report it shows up as < limp fold >.

And, according to that stat in a report ran on all the hands I played last year it says that when I limped preflop I folded 34.8% of the time. Notice nowhere did I say I was a good player :)

But, that would seem to put my VPIP off from my % saw flop by at least 34.8%. So while my VPIP% was 21.6 my saw flop % would be appox 14% -- that's a pretty big difference.

For the year my VPIP% = 21.6 and my PFR% was 10.3%.

It may be that I limp and fold much more than others, I dunno. But anyone can add that stat to their reports and run it on their yearly total to compare how their stat compares to a losing player :(

You'd think with the VP / PFR I'd be a better player but I actually lost $181 last year according to HM.

I think there might be a problem with the limp fold stat, certainly in the tourney reports. Looking into it and will get back with info.

_Loki_
04-21-2010, 08:00 PM
I HATE limp folders. So much for the paperless office :D