PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding HU preflop stats.

Arecal
10-06-2008, 11:20 AM
First of all, I've a question about the SB VPIP. Remember these are all heads up related questions.

So if you call the blinds on the button, does this count for VPIP? And what if you limp and call his bet (or is it a raise?).And what if you call a 3-bet?
And how about BB VPIP? Does it count for VPIP if you call a preflop raise? And what if you 3-bet? Does this also count as VPIP?

Second question. Where can I find a stat that represents calling preflop raises? And can someone eplain how this stat will work? Like, if you limp on button and call a preflop bet (or is it a raise?), does it count as calling a preflop raise? And what if you call a 3-bet, does this also count as calling a preflop raise? And what if you 3-bet, does it still count as calling a preflop raise (because if someone 3-bets often, it might look like he folds a lot preflop while he's actually 3-betting).

Thanks, I'd appreciate it if someone can explain all these stats thoroughly.

morny
10-06-2008, 12:48 PM
First of all, I've a question about the SB VPIP. Remember these are all heads up related questions.

So if you call the blinds on the button, does this count for VPIP? And what if you limp and call his bet (or is it a raise?).And what if you call a 3-bet?
And how about BB VPIP? Does it count for VPIP if you call a preflop raise? And what if you 3-bet? Does this also count as VPIP?

Second question. Where can I find a stat that represents calling preflop raises? And can someone eplain how this stat will work? Like, if you limp on button and call a preflop bet (or is it a raise?), does it count as calling a preflop raise? And what if you call a 3-bet, does this also count as calling a preflop raise? And what if you 3-bet, does it still count as calling a preflop raise (because if someone 3-bets often, it might look like he folds a lot preflop while he's actually 3-betting).

Thanks, I'd appreciate it if someone can explain all these stats thoroughly.

Not sure what you mean call the blinds on the button, do you mean limp call, bet call a raise since your acting first? Anyway VPIP is Volunatirly put in pot, the small and big blind bet put down is not voluntary so if the SB puts anything in the pot preflop other then the SB he already posted whether that is by completing, raising limp, calling or whatever then its counted VPIP as long as he puts anything other than the original blind into the pot.

Call open is where your facing a raise preflop and you decide to call

If you limp then you werent facing a raise so the only stat effected is your limp stat and if you then face a raise after limping and call it will effect your limp call stat

If you 3bet this effects your PFR stat and also effects your 3bet stat, so if its your first hand and you 3bet your PFR will be 100% and your 3bet% will be 100 aswell. In another situation where you raise first and someone 3bets if you 4bet even though you actually PFR twice now it will only count once so if you 4bet in your first hand your PFR will still only be 100%

All these stats are explained in detail here aswell http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewtopic.aspx?topicid=15