PDA

View Full Version : HoldemManager wont run

cards201
04-16-2010, 11:00 PM
My Harddrive got some bad sectors the other day, right around the time i upgraded to the new version of HM. I ran checkdisk and it fixed everything. Now my laptop runs good and everything works fine...all my apps are good except HM.
When I start HM I get the error:
An error occured on startup: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication other memory is corrupt.

All i can do is click ok and HM never starts.

I have tried to reinstall the update.
I have tried to download and install the entire installer over top my installation.
I have uninstalled HM and reinstalled from scratch.

I still have the issue.

Any help is appreciated

a.k.a.Also
04-17-2010, 01:07 AM
This seems to have cropped up in the past (search the forum for protected memory)

Seems as though it is usually a problem with Firewall/ Anti Virus. What are you using?

cards201
04-17-2010, 08:14 AM
This seems to have cropped up in the past (search the forum for protected memory)

Seems as though it is usually a problem with Firewall/ Anti Virus. What are you using?

Thanks - Ill search for that.
I wasnt sure if the bad sectors on the HD had anything to do with it but i wanted to mention it :)

I am using Symantec EndPoint

cards201
04-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Uninstalled all AV
Uninstalled HM and PostgreSQL
deleted related directories
restarted
reinstalled HM and PostgreSQL

Still have same error

Anyone have any ideas?

morny
04-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Not sure but i googled this and it referred to dot net framework issues that cause this,

please reinstall your Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Uninstall your current version with this tool: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip
2) Download and install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/1/061F001C-8752-4600-A198-53214C69B51F/dotnetfx35setup.exe
3) Try HM again

Also after that id try using windows update and installing the latest service pack as that might overwrite and old corrupt files that may be causing it

cards201
04-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks!
I followed your directions and the problem is resolved.

Thanks again for your help... I know you are crazy busy!