PDA

View Full Version : Money back..?

Somee
04-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi.
I've decided to switch from PT3 to HEM yesterday, hearing a lot of positive things about it. Wanted to still try the trial but it said my time's up - I guess I've downloaded it at some time but never actually used it.. trusting the good reviews, I've decided to just purchase it.
Well now I have a problem because me (or my computer) and HEM don't get along well at all..
I'm experiencing huge lags making it impossible to play more than 1 table at a time, even with 17 tables I had little to no lag on PT3. I've tried the possible things in the performance issues thread but I haven't felt much of an increase at all.. plus, my database is still little (30k~ hands) so the more I'd play, i'd probably lag even more.
I don't think I can decrease the lag to an extent where it's possible playing 12+ tables at once with HEM on. I've actually read PT has performance issues rather than HEM so I'm quite shocked..
Since it's only been 1 day, is there any way to get the money back..?
I doubt it but it's a lot of money for me and I guess it's worth a try.
Thanks in advance, sorry if this is the wrong section.

_Loki_
04-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi Somee

I don't work for HM so I can't comment on the sales side, but why don't we try & fix you up first ? The performance gap you see between PT3 & HM isn't due to the relative quality of the products. If HM supports the site you're playing then the gap is due to the setup somewhere

Need more info... Poker site ? OS ? antivirus ? firewall ? What version of HM is displayed at the top of your HM menu bar ? [You've downloaded HM some time ago - a link to the 1.10.04b update is in the 'notices' section above]

I know you say you have tried the 'performance thread'... What have you tried from the FAQ's & what haven't you tried ?
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Performance & Speed Tweaks (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/373/Holdem+Manager+Performance+%26+Speed+Tweaks)

Give as much info as possible - I probably can't help, but support will ! :)

fozzy71
04-16-2010, 06:52 PM
A refund shouldn't be a problem, but let's see if we can find a cause or possible solution first.

What are your PC Specs? Desktop or laptop? How old? CPU and RAM, etc? What other software do you use when playing?

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot of your Windows Task Manager > Processes tab, sorted by descending CPU use and another by Descending Memory usage.

Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows (http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm)

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

Somee
04-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the responses.
so.. I'm not much into computers so don't wonder..
Computer has Windows XP
AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+
1.80GHz, 1.25 GB RAM
While running Pokerstars, 14-16 Tabling, I only run
Yahoo/Live Messenger. Had no problem (very little lag when opening new tables) with that in pt3,
with HEM I saw in taskmanager the yahoo messenger process
at 50,000K so I closed it but that didn't change much or anything
at all.
HEM Version 1.10.04b (downloaded when I purchased it)
Tried running Windows at best permormance,
changed process priority for PS, HEM processes,
Removed the WinnerName, WinnerCards and WinnerWon from the Hands View Column Selector.
Didn't do anything about making the database smaller since it already is very small.
Edit: Ah, right. Here a screenshot having 16 Tables open. Note that I'm not on them yet so the hud isn't active and no tables keep popping up. it'd cost me quite a bit of money to take a screenshot while playing because of the lags that'll be there, and using the task manager, I'll time out and freeze for a while.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2558/hemprob.jpg

morny
04-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi, i could do a teamviewer session if you want and see this in action and see if we can tweak any settings to make it run better for you. Just email support@holdemmanager.net and let me know a suitable time and timezone to do a session and link to this thread