PDA

View Full Version : Player detail window - stats dont make any sense?

Stasek
04-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to interpret various stats on the player detail window.
The're are plenty of stats in Postflop -> Flop Detail, Postflop -> Cbet/vs CBet and Postflop -> After missed cbet.
I only play HU, so can somebody explain to me meaning on certain stats?

2nd image: "Flop IP vs Skipped Cbet", second column ("after check") - since I play only HU, being IP vs skipped cbet means being on the button in 3bet pot and villain checks. This is how columns are defined in FAQ :

The first column show how often he [player] bets when nobody has yet bet and the second shows the same stat but limited to situations where everyone has checked to him and he is last to act. The second section shows how he behaves after checking and then facing a bet – the three numbers are Fold % / Call % / Raise %. The next section is how he behaves against a bet when he has position on the bettor. The vs Raise section shows the breakdown of Fold, Call and Raise when his bet is raised. Vs Reraise likewise has the same breakdown when his raise is reraised. The last 2 numbers show aggression factor and aggression %.

So we are IP, villain checks to us (definition of 'Flop vs skipped cbet')) but 'After check' colum implies we check (which would mean checking behind and seeing turn) and are facing a bet now?! This seems contradictory

Another question. 'Flop detail' tab, "Flop vs PFR" row and "Flop vs 3BET" rows, first column - Bet IP. - what is the difference here for HU?
in normal pot, if we are "vs pfr" we are OOP, so IP column is meaningless.
It only makes sense in 3bet pot (or limp-reraised pot, but since i almost never limp it doesnt matter here). Also "Flop IP vs missed cbet" should have same meaning as both of these stats, yet number is completely different.
We get 33%, 55% and 79%, for a stat that reflects the same situation!!!

Can someone please help me out with this?
Thanks

This is flop detail tab
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6024/flopdetail.png

This is "after missed cbet" tab
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3346/aftermissedcb.png

battered
05-03-2010, 04:09 AM
Bumpety bump.
A lot of effort went into OP question.

morny
05-04-2010, 09:56 AM
2nd image: "Flop IP vs Skipped Cbet", second column ("after check") - since I play only HU, being IP vs skipped cbet means being on the button in 3bet pot and villain checks. This is how columns are defined in FAQ :

Unfortunately these stats wont be very useful if your playing heads up because the BB is OOP when playing heads up and is IP when playing non heads up games and since these were designed with full ring and 6 max in mind they are not really that useful to you. You can still analyze your HU play using filters etc but this section probably wont be very helpful. You could suggest that we add a section for Heads Up players as im sure heads up players would find this useful but it just wasnt something that we thought about at the time of implementation. Suggestions Forums - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/suggestions-forums/)

So for a 6max or full ring player its quite useful to see how people react when the didnt cbet the flop IP however for a heads up player theres very few situations where you can cbet and be IP unless you 3bet as you mentioned.

So we are IP, villain checks to us (definition of 'Flop vs skipped cbet')) but 'After check' colum implies we check (which would mean checking behind and seeing turn) and are facing a bet now?! This seems contradictory

Do you mean on the 1st line "Turn After Skipping Flop Cbet IP"

This means you checked behind on the flop in position instead of cbetting, then the OOP villain Bets on the turn and the vs Bet column indicates how we reacted to that bet, if we folded, called or raised.

Another question. 'Flop detail' tab, "Flop vs PFR" row and "Flop vs 3BET" rows, first column - Bet IP. - what is the difference here for HU?

Again this would make sense for a 6max/Full Ring but wouldnt be so useful for a HU player. I dont have many HU hand histories but if you email me some ill look into why those have 3 different values as its hard to tell what the issue is just looking at the numbers but i should be able to see the issue i can test some heads up hands. support@holdemmanager.com